Droid 1 internal memory full, how to clean?

Nerofmx

Reaction score
Well I received a message on this thing saying the memory is almost full. However, I don't have very many text messages, I erasd them all probably 2 days prior to the message. Also, all pictures/video, and root filled (rom, etc.) are on the microsd card.

Basically I am asking, what routes can I go to clear some internal memory... I am sure this is why the phone continually freezes and takes 5-10 seconds on average to load the main screen after unlocking.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Move some apps to your sdcard. Power down for a little bit and then reboot. If that doesn't help have to dig deeper.

Sent from somewhere...

Shogun613

Reaction score
I get that from time to time. Delete some apps that you rarely or don't use, and move whatever you can to the SD card.

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
Try deleting your browser cache, history, and cookies under the browser settings. That seems to free up a lot of space if you browse the internet a lot.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems to occur when you get below 25mb. The problem is that when that occurs, you won't be able to get any text messages until you get that warning away.

My Droid is unrooted so I've been removing apps I don't use. Funny thing; I removed Handcent in January and Raging Thunder this month. Both are about 5mb each, but when I tried to reinstall Handsent, It said I was running out of room.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
I got this same message when trying to do an update on several apps yesterday. I have already moved *all but two* of my apps to the SD card, have my browser set to cache on SD card (and cleared cookies, history, etc.), and cleared almost all text messages. After reboot, I only have 19% free (49MiB of 256). What else gets dumped in there? I just did a Dalvik cache-clean as well, for what it's worth (it was overdue).

OP
N

Nerofmx

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is any 3rd party apps for rooted devices that I can uninstall apps like "Amazon MP3" with. That is really just wasted space on the phone. Annoying.

Also, how come I can only put about 20% of my downloaded apps on my sdcard?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I am wondering if there is any 3rd party apps for rooted devices that I can uninstall apps like "Amazon MP3" with. That is really just wasted space on the phone. Annoying.

Also, how come I can only put about 20% of my downloaded apps on my sdcard?

Have to be rooted, sorry.

Overall, clear your Dalvik cache, wipe your dialer.apk's cache and data (will lose any contacts NOT backed up with Google), MMS.apk's cache and data (will lose your texts), etc. etc.

OP
N

Nerofmx

Reaction score
I am rooted.

esheesle

Reaction score
Well if you use Google Reader (their rss app) that could be a huge source of memory loss. Can't move it to sd and it is taking between 15-30mb at any given time for me. That is all the data, not the app.