Internal and SD memory question

CANN0N

Reaction score
I'm sure this was asked multiple times but i searched and couldn't find a straight answer. My internal memory is almost completely full but SD card says 14 of 14gb free. How can I free up space on internal memory, or move apps to SD card? I feel like the 16gb SD card the Droid comes with is useless. My Droid is running sluggish, what can I do?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
delete old text messages. if you have music or music in there move it over to the sd card.

get a file manager such as astro, you hook it up to your computer and move it from there

joshoid

Reaction score
You can also utilize apps 2 sd and if rooted look into cache cleaner.

Swyped from my Elite Droid!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How can I free up space on internal memory, or move apps to SD card?
Settings->Applications->Manage applications. Pick an app and see if you can move the app to the SD card. Keep in mind that only a portion of an app can be moved, depending on the app. Some apps can move more to the SD card, some less.

Also, don't forget that cache and data for your apps also use internal storage. It's not just the apps themselves. Purging cache is only a temporary solution. You might want to look into cleaning up data for your apps (not just text messages).