what SD cards work?

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
Does any SD card work or does it have to be SD-HC or what ever its called?

Also if I save apk. on my SD card they do not take up space on my droids internal memory, right?

to run these apk doe I need a fast SD card

JCo352

Reaction score
All I know is that it takes up to a 32 gig sd card. And if an apk is on your sd card, it will not take up internal memory on your phone until you install it on your phone.

OP
RacecarBMW

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
All I know is that it takes up to a 32 gig sd card. And if an apk is on your sd card, it will not take up internal memory on your phone until you install it on your phone.

ok thanks

I just want to know if any Sd card would work

Joker

Reaction score
I believe the SDHC cards are given that designation when they exceed 4gb maybe even 2gb. But as long as they are micro sd you should be fine

OP
RacecarBMW

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
I believe the SDHC cards are given that designation when they exceed 4gb maybe even 2gb. But as long as they are micro sd you should be fine

ok and what about class like class 6 and all that do I need a special class?

Joker

Reaction score
ok and what about class like class 6 and all that do I need a special class?

I don't think you need a special class, but of course the higher the class the faster the write speed. I don't know how often the phone places data on the SD card throughout the day, but for sure when you are taking pix with the 5.0 MP cam, it would be nice for it to store it quickly and be ready for the next shot.

Perhaps some one on this forum know if there is a minimum class requirement.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Class is just speed, SDHC is simply "high capacity". Any functioning, properly formatted Micro-SD card will work.