Text Message Memory Full - Help!

Joiemagic

Reaction score
I need help... have a Motorola Droid... nearing the end of my term with this one and will be upgrading within the next month or so...

My problem is, I am suddenly getting "Text Message Memory Full" and incoming text messages are being rejected. I only have 7 messages in my que (from two senders) I had more originally, and deleted everything, even did a soft reset, but it is still telling me I am full.

I do not have a lot of internal phone space left (19.93 MB) and I am trying to figure out what to get rid of to free up space...

Any thoughts on what I should do would be appreciated.... Thanks

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I need help... have a Motorola Droid... nearing the end of my term with this one and will be upgrading within the next month or so...

My problem is, I am suddenly getting "Text Message Memory Full" and incoming text messages are being rejected. I only have 7 messages in my que (from two senders) I had more originally, and deleted everything, even did a soft reset, but it is still telling me I am full.

I do not have a lot of internal phone space left (19.93 MB) and I am trying to figure out what to get rid of to free up space...

Any thoughts on what I should do would be appreciated.... Thanks

To start with i would go through your phone apps in settings and moving the large ones to your sd card or deleting them all together. you can always download astro file manger and backup your apps then remove them from your device for later use. As for the text message problem look in the settings of the messaging app. it should have a messaging limit and various other settings inside.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
That is definitely caused by your apps. When my phone gets less than 27mb of internal space left it starts bombarding me with that message. Either move apps to SD or delete the bigger ones and the ones you dont need.

OP
Joiemagic

Joiemagic

Reaction score
That is definitely caused by your apps. When my phone gets less than 27mb of internal space left it starts bombarding me with that message. Either move apps to SD or delete the bigger ones and the ones you dont need.

Yes, I see what you mean... I cleared data on the web-browser which was sitting at about 6 MB, and shortly thereafter... got all of my messages that were blocked... Think I have to delete my data from Facebook too... that is a whopping 50 MB. Thanks for the input... dancedroid