Internal Memory Question

erich93063

Reaction score
I know this might sound like a silly question, but I am actually confused on this one. I own the original Droid. Sadly he is on his last leg and wont charge anymore and has a host of other issues. I was looking at possibly getting the Thunderbolt when it comes out. Now one of my biggest issues with my current Droid was the very small amount of internal storage for installing apps. From what I understand it's only 250MB of which a large portion of that is taken up by the OS itself, contacts, text messages etc, which doesn't leave much for app installation. Froyo brought the ability to move apps to SD, but it's still a pain in the ass, especially as it relates to backing up and restoring apps as I cant seem to "restore" hundreds of apps and have them go to the SD card like they were before and they all try to install in the internal storage and then start failing when there is no more room.

SO, my question is: When I look at the specs of the Thunderbolt, it says it has 8GB of "internal memory". Is "internal memory" where apps are stored or is this just for stuff like pictures and data and apps are installed somewhere else? I would think apps would be stored on ROM not "memory" but this is why I am confused on the terminology.

The bottom line is how much room will the Thunderbolt have where I can install apps?

THANKS!
dancedroid