memory full on droid bionic

PhilNav

Reaction score
so i guess i have 8 gigs internal memory i can no longer open my pictures and the phone says my SD card is full. i didnt think the bionic had a sd card, my question is how do i move these pictures and videos over to my computer and or what else will help with my phone to work faster it seems to take for ever to start up?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bionic has 2 sd cards. One is an internal 16gb card, which is partitioned into 4gb for the OS, 4gb for the apps and 8gb (the one that says it's full) for storage and moving some apps. The other is an external sd card (known as SD-EXT). When it first came out you got 16gb (although it may be 8gb now) upgradable to 32gb (although some have put in 64gb and had it work).

You can get a file manager app (like Astro), and move pictures to the SD-EXT if you want. If you want to move them to your computer here's what I do:

Be sure you have the Motorola drivers installed from USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA on your PC. These may install automatically when you connect your Bionic to your PC.

1. On the phone go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Move whatever you need to and from your phone and computer.

Last edited: