Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

deduct said:
I suggest you stay where you are. I have been on 232 since it was found, months ago now, and its great. Since no one knows whether 244 will be ota or not, its a good idea to remain on 232. Just fxz back to 905 once official ics finally arrives and take it ota. We won't be able to go that route from 235 and up. Fortunately samurai's hob will get those people who are on those builds to get on official ics.

Yep.

Sent from my ICED .244 DROID BIONIC

I want to caution people, as well. It's widely believed that we may see the beginning of a soak test on Friday. I won't be here so good luck with that. :D What I want to caution people on is that soak does NOT equate to OTA release. There's a reason I'm cautioning about that. 901 started to soak. A bunch of people jumped on it figuring it was *GUARANTEED* to become the OTA. Guess what....it wasn't. And those on 901 were stuck there until a 901 to 902 patch was pushed out to those who originally got 901 pushed to them. We could very well see a repeat performance of this scenario. So I'd caution those of you without an appetite for risk that just because soak is attached to a particular build, it doesn't make it official.

I'm so ridiculously over all this drama, as well. VZW has the final say, and Moto has done tons of work in our favor, and there's not too much else they can do. If it comes out then wonderful. If not, I've definitely resigned myself to be content w/what I have until I either decide to get something else or just wait out the OTA. I wish our opinions on these forums could make a difference, but I don't really see it happening...

Sent from my ICED .244 DROID BIONIC

Like I said in the 244 thread, just treat the leaks as our own rom group. :D And the HoB is our "custom installer". Those who run custom roms are off the OTA path anyway, so who cares? It's only the people who INSIST on remaining on the OTA path that are going to be impacted by any of this drama. Those of us who've taken the time to understand the risks involved, ACCEPT those risks, and learned how to mitigate them can do what we've been doing...enjoy Moto's latest and greatest work and TRULY appreciate what they've been doing for us. Screw VZW. 244 running on our phones isn't going to stop being awesome just cause VZW can't get their head out of...uh, anyway...and release it. WE don't need to worry about it. Those that aren't comfortable straying from the OTA path too far are the ones who are going to continue to suffer.

SamuriHL said:
Like I said in the 244 thread, just treat the leaks as our own rom group. :D And the HoB is our "custom installer". Those who run custom roms are off the OTA path anyway, so who cares? It's only the people who INSIST on remaining on the OTA path that are going to be impacted by any of this drama. Those of us who've taken the time to understand the risks involved, ACCEPT those risks, and learned how to mitigate them can do what we've been doing...enjoy Moto's latest and greatest work and TRULY appreciate what they've been doing for us. Screw VZW. 244 running on our phones isn't going to stop being awesome just cause VZW can't get their head out of...uh, anyway...and release it. WE don't need to worry about it. Those that aren't comfortable straying from the OTA path too far are the ones who are going to continue to suffer.

Well said. I didn't think my phone could look or run better than it does on 232. Until I flashed some of the available custom roms based on the ics leaks. Even better!!! Right now I am on rag3 rom which is blur based. So its 232 tweaked out. I was previously clocked up to 1.2 on stock 232. This rom puts me at 1.25. I can't imagine my phone running smoother than it does now. I am in no rush for the ota. I Am happy where I am now.

The ONLY reason I care about OTA is so we can get an FXZ. Then my mini-fxz won't be necessary anymore and people can recover from, um "impaired judgement infractions" without needing to boot into recovery and install the update. Not that the process doesn't work. But no serious rom dev is going to update their Bionic past 232 and work on 244 based roms until they are sure they can FXZ from "testing scenarios gone awry". :D So, yea, I want an FXZ and that requires OTA. Other than that, my phone ROCKS on 244.

I too became very tired of the constant data drops on 905. Have been using the 244 leak for a week now. Did a FDR, seems that all the issues have been fixed by this release. At this point, I too do not care if they release OTA. I am very happy with my phone now. By the way, has anyone else noticed that the color saturation has been increased? My wife has a Galaxy SIII and my daughter has a Razor Maxx, colors now seem to have some of the oled screen pop.

I wanted to post a HUGE THANK YOU. 905 was torture and it didn't seem Verizon was willing to do a thing about it. I've been using HOB for over a month now and have been on 238, 242, and 244 it has worked perfectly and the moves have been easy. SamuriHL has done more supporting us than Verizon ever would. Thanks so much for making my Bionic awesome again

I want to caution people, as well. It's widely believed that we may see the beginning of a soak test on Friday. I won't be here so good luck with that. :D What I want to caution people on is that soak does NOT equate to OTA release. There's a reason I'm cautioning about that. 901 started to soak. A bunch of people jumped on it figuring it was *GUARANTEED* to become the OTA. Guess what....it wasn't. And those on 901 were stuck there until a 901 to 902 patch was pushed out to those who originally got 901 pushed to them. We could very well see a repeat performance of this scenario. So I'd caution those of you without an appetite for risk that just because soak is attached to a particular build, it doesn't make it official.
I had my own soak test yesterday! SamuriHL and HoB are our OTA:icon_ banana:
Nuff said:icon_ devil:

Last edited:
o) I read EVERYTHING in the post: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss
o) I started out with 235 (not from HoB)
o) I'm trying to install 244
o) On the first menu, I picked "Install 244"
o) On the second menu, I chose Transfer update to SD Card ext, then followed the instructions, to apply update.zip
o) This is basically what happened:

qe 1/1

--Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening Update package...
Verifying Update Package...
Installing Update...
assert failed: filegetprop("/system/build.prop". "ro.
build.fingerprint")== "verizon/targa_vzw/cdma_targa:2
.3.4/5.5.1_84_DBN-74/12:user/release-keys"
Blah blah blah

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

I tried twice. Same result.

o) The SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic\rsd\SWDL.txt file said this:

09/19/12 16:31:41 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09/19/12 16:31:41 New Log Started For Software Download.
09/19/12 16:32:05 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09/19/12 16:32:05 New Log Started For Software Download.

Then I considered that I might need to install 238, then 242, then 244, but I cant find links for them, and this version of HoB only includes 244.

What do I need to do?

o) I read EVERYTHING in the post: Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's not 100% true...

o) I started out with 235 (not from HoB)
o) I'm trying to install 244
o) On the first menu, I picked "Install 244"
o) On the second menu, I chose Transfer update to SD Card ext, then followed the instructions, to apply update.zip

I'm gonna stop you right there and perhaps ask for a bit more clarification. You went from option 1 directly to option 4? Am I incorrect?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's not 100% true...

Yeah, I might be a little slow. I read it like 3 or 4 times.

I'm gonna stop you right there and perhaps ask for a bit more clarification. You went from option 1 directly to option 4? Am I incorrect?

First menu 1, second menu 1, waited, then 4, then recovery, update from ext, chose 244, then sideload error

Can I skip from 235 to 244?

Back