Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

Soocold

Reaction score
Just for my own curiosity, when you say that you have adb in your path, your saying that adb is in the file path to HoB? i have adb installed and functional, but its directly in my C:/ drive.

ICS Droid Bionic
.244 courtesy of HoB

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your windows PATH. If it's in there, root would work. If it's not, root would have failed because it couldn't find adb. It's all fixed now so it doesn't really matter.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
6.6 RELEASE

o) Stupid adb....Fixed potential file locking problem.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You have no idea how tempted I was to add another 6 to that version number. :D

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nope. I'm outta here in a couple hours so you're all on your own. :)

Reaction score
Or... It's a bug. That I will fix later...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't meaning to antagonize you I was just pointing out that at times in the past following the upgrade and prior to root I have found my phone back in Mass Storage Mode.

I have always found it interesting how bugs only seem to affect certain phones because when I upgraded it worked swimmingly. I am sure it's due to my ignorance with regard to programming I just found it odd.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It's a bug I introduced with a recent overhaul I did. It caused a whole bunch of issues I had to clean up. Root being the last of them. It wouldn't necessarily affect everyone depending on how their system is set up. AFAIK, all the bugs I caused are now squashed and the HoB should be rock solid again.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The script evolved over time so it wasn't built clean with all the functionality that it has. I tried to do some cleanup the other day and screwed a bunch of stuff up. One of these days I may work on making it easier for people to read the batch file and figure out what it's doing. It's not complex, but, it's involved. It's all that dynamic code I have in there that makes it a bit unwieldly to work on. But that's also where it gets its power from.