Don't know how to transfer files from PC to Droid

deathbydroid

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my droid and I am having a bit of a problem connecting to the PC so that I may transfer files from the computer onto my droid or vice-versa. I am using the dock, but I have also tried using just the data cable to do this, but neither allow me to connect to the PC. The OS does not see the device, it simply helps to recharge the battery. When I first got the phone the battery was really low and so when it was on the dock I told the thing to concentrate on simply charging the battery and that may have something to do with it, but I am not sure. Does anyone have any idea how I could get my files from the PC to the droid?

-DeathByDroid

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

Which Android device do you have? Most times, you have to pull down the notification bar and change the USB options to "USB mass storage" - if you have the proper drivers installed, this will help to recognize your device and then you can transfer files to the SD card or if you have a phone with internal storage as well, you will be able to transfer media there as well.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Like STG said it should be as easy as a drag and drop once you get the PC to recognize your phone. Maybe try uninstalling the drivers and then installing them again. And this one may seem silly but if you typically leave your computer on I have seen people post where giving it a reboot helped.

Let us know how you make out.

OP
D

deathbydroid

Reaction score
Something was wrong with the USB port that I was plugging my phone into. There was no issue. Thanks for trying to help anyway, Smalltowngirl and JSM.
-DeathByDroid
/Thread