connedt to PC file transfer

nachodroid

Reaction score
Hello droid gurus, I have an elementary problem about which I need a little advice. I've got this scad of work pics on my phone that have to transfer to my PC. I have a card reader, but it isnt with me...I may have to go buy one. But I was expecting to plug my phone in to my PC and transfer, as this has been a no-brainer previously: not sure what's happened...

I am working with a replacement Fascinate. The phone is not connecting to my PC (winxp), The previous Fascinate mounted successfully, but this one wont after selecting Mount to transfer files...
I have rebooted both devices, and rebooted the pc with the phone connected. no difference.
At the initial plug in of the phone I get a Installation wizard like the PC is looking for a driver, but the wizard cant accomplish anything on its own.

Is there a driver to install and where would I get it?

IamGov

Reaction score
No, it is an issue with the USB settings on your device. Voting USB settings and select mass storage. If already selected then unselect, disconnect, select, reconnect.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
N

nachodroid

Reaction score
Thanks IamGov,
I did all that...the solution was: go to Samsung website, track down the model # and other info and download the CORRECT driver, install, reboot the pc and voila! all the world was right again. I had help, of course, from a lovely VZW CSR. She did a great job.

b.