Fascinate not mounting with PC

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am at a loss. I cant mount my sdcard to my PC. When I plug in the phone with the OEM data cable it shows on my system as a CDROM drive thats unreadable. This just started happening today and I dodnt make any changes to either my PC or fascinate. I installed all the correct samsung drivers. please help.

THANKS

OP
Genetic Droid

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
I was able to get to the sd card thru a websharing. I also has to load the stock dns i had google dns but it caused issues with my email and a few other things

ZachLoupe

Reaction score
Did you drag the menu down from the top of your screen, hit the USB option, and click 'Mount'? I had this same issue. Even if I have the USB set for Mass Storage, I have to mount it every time I tether it to the PC.

I also get an error about a file called VerizonRCfile.msi when it tries to autorun bootstrap.exe. Don't know what's causing this yet, but the above allows me to access my SD card, so meh.

Good luck,
-Zach-

Janowm58

Reaction score
received EA28 update OTA, still not mounting

I read previous postings about not being able to mount after an OTA update that was supposed to have been fixed(?) with the EA28 Update. My fascinate IS running the EA28 update and still won't mount to PC... Ideas?