Transfer pictures/video from Droid to PC with Windows 7

andersbobson

Reaction score
I posted previously about 10 months ago.

A problem I have is trying to import pics/videos from my Droid to my HP PC. I attached the USB to the computer from the Droid. The USB attached into the Monitor Side. There isn't one on the PC itself. Could this be a problem.

I have imported pics from my Droid to this PC when I was running XP on it. I just recently upgraded to Windows 7.

I will appreciate any support I may get.

Regards!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you changing to mass storage mode on the phone? and why are you plugging into the monitor? isnt there a tower for your desktop that you can plug into

also, :welcome:

OP
A

andersbobson

Reaction score
Hi ABE21599, I'm not changing to mass storage mode. Both USB ports on my HP Pavilion Tower are in use.

The USB port on your monitor should function exactly like the USB ports on your tower so I do not believe that is causing the problem.

**After touching "USB NOTIFICATION" I get a message to "turn on USB".
Tap and that will mount your phone to your PC

I do not see "MOUNT". Once I turn on USB I get an error message while it looks like Picasa is importing, showing 99% and then 100% with no picutres found.

I'm not sure why Picasa is automatically activating and I do not believe Picasa should automatically open. I've not had that happen when I mount. Do you have a camera setting that automatically opens Picasa?
Windows7 doesn't allow me to click on MY COMPUTER and then explore, etc. for some reason. Is there a special way of using Windows 7 to import. +++ By Mistake I said previously I had XP. It was VISTA instead that I was able to import pictures from my DROID previously.
Regards,

Andersbobson

I have a Mac and it's been way too long since I've used any Windows boxes. Does 7 not allow/provide any file explorer tool? I recall a setting that allowed one to add a device but I can not recall how. Sorry

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, I apologize! I clicked edit and not quote. Sorry for this mistake.

Mike