Don't have a clue...

OP
A

amy18

Reaction score
Thanks for your help so far, Spaz. I gotta call it a night and get some sleep. I'll check back in the morning to see if you've been able to come up with anything. :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright. I've been trying to replicate with no luck so now i'm looking for a fix. Hopefully i'll have one when you awake lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
A

amy18

Reaction score
Hi Spaz. Have you had any luck replicating my problem / finding a fix?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Acyually I have not. I played around with some stuff and couldn't find anything but maybe someone else will be able to help with a fresh set of eyes. Sorry.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if its a hardware problem? My calls are set to ring (loud), my texts and gtalk vibrate, and my email is silent. I've done nothing different than the OP.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you've tried everything, I would do a factory reset of your phone. Make sure your contacts are backed up/synced with gmail, and that you have backed up all your important data to your PC. Something in your phone just isn't working right. Hopefully a reset will work
If not, spaz is probably right and you need VZW to look at it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

amy18

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe it is a hardware problem. I'll try taking it to the Verizon store and see if they can do anything. If they can't, frankly this phone has too many quirks for me.

Transferring my contacts and appts from Outlook/Palm was brutal (ten hours total) and the Google calendar is crazy - it moved every single one of my appointments one hour when I corrected the time zone to MST. My notifications are uncontrollable and with all the email I get, this thing never stops making noise. -- but I can't afford to miss a call or text message. There are literally THOUSANDS of pages online detailing people's problems with Droid.

Maybe this is a good phone for techno-whizzes like you guys but I am a realtor and probably should have gotten a Blackberry. I'll give it another week and if things don't get easier, I'll send it back. But you guys are wonderful. Many, many thanks, Spaz, for all your efforts on this. :icon_ banana:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i would actually go with husker on this one. If youre thinking about taking it in to verizon you might as well try a factory data reset. you would be amazed at how many problems that can solve and to be perfectly honest thats probably the first thing verizon would do for you. once you get this problem sorted i'd be willing to bet that you will fall in love with your droid and never want a blackberry ever again.

good luck and keep us posted.

OP
A

amy18

Reaction score
Factory data reset did not fix the problem but at least I didn't lose any of my contacts or appointments - backup assistant brought everything back in. I am off to the Verizon store to see what they can do. I'll keep you all posted.