New Droid 2 owner, having some problems

laughingbirdfarm

Reaction score
dancedroidThanks for the welcome. Got Droid 2 working, but need to tweak some things:
1. need email that arrives during the night to stay on my computer and then stay there still after I've deleted from Droid
2. need a silent mode for email notifications but an audible tone for text messages and phone ring.

Any help out there to make this easy?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Inside of your email settings should be the option to delete from phone or delete from phone and server

As far as the sound settings they should also be in the email/settings and if you are looking for a way to set different "sound profiles" I believe "tasker" from the Market would be something to look into

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
audiomanager will let you change different types of ringtones with profiles.

tasker would work, but its a bit more complicated

also, :welcome:

OP
L

laughingbirdfarm

Reaction score
Email is coming only to Droid

I need help! My email is no longer coming to my laptop windows live and ONLY arriving on my Droid 2. I've looked in messaging, my accounts, email and can't find a way to change this on the droid. I have set my email accounts on my laptop to keep a copy on the server, but they continue to only arrive in my Droid. Verizon thinks there's an issue with timing on arrival to the server vs the Droid. Until I can fix this, can someone tell me how to delete email accounts from my Droid. There's an Add Account option, but not a delete. Grrrrr.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how anything you changed on your Droid impacted your PC? Your PC is a separate device and is able to connect with the email server independently.

I have a Droid so my suggestions may be different but try this
Tap menu, tap settings, tap accounts & sync, tap the account, there is a remove account at the bottom of the screen.

BTW are you using Gmail or Verizon?

Mike

OP
L

laughingbirdfarm

Reaction score
I can't even get to sync. from home page on droid, i tap menu, accounts and then from that menu there is only add account and picture source. what the heck am i doing wrong. I had it all dialed in on my blackberry :/

I have wildblue as my internet provider and the email is powered by google, verizon as my phone provider

lbf

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't even get to sync. from home page on droid, i tap menu, accounts and then

Do you see your Gmail account? If so, tap it and a new window should open with the remove account at the bottom. Again, I have a Droid 1 so my settings may be different.

from that menu there is only add account and picture source. what the heck am i doing wrong. I had it all dialed in on my blackberry :/

I have wildblue as my internet provider and the email is powered by google, verizon as my phone provider

lbf
So you are using Gmail then verify the settings on your PC.