Does Asurion cover my own device?

Valvoline

Reaction score
I'm on unlimited data and activated a new Lg G3 a few months ago that i purchased new off of eBay. My previous S3 was covered under Asurion and I didn't change the plan since the phone upgrade . Should I keep the coverage? Am i actually covered at all? And what is the difference between the $5.18 plan and the $7.15 plan?
verizon insurance options.JPG

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm going to go out on a limb here but I'm going to say that your current phone is probably not covered because when they cover the phone they need to know two things one being what the condition of the phone and two being what the brand or model number is. They do that for the very reason that we're discussing right now and that would be to swap phones so you can get insurance coverage that wasn't already there. Not that that's what you're trying to do mind you, but that's how it would be perceived.

You should reach out to them and post the same question to them. They may be able to move the coverage right over to the other phone with a simple phone call and an adjustment to their records. The real question of course is whether or not they will cover a phone that was bought used as this one was.

As far as your plan differences, there is a Tell Me More link just below the plant description and obviously the plane descriptions for those two price points is identical on the Summary page. I suspect when you go into the tell me more section you'll find significant differences between the two that would warrant the price differences as well. I'd be curious to know what those differences are just for the benefit of knowing to help those in the future.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
Valvoline

Valvoline

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I read (skimmed over) the two 'tell me more' summaries for the plans and did not see any differences other than the type format it was presented in. I'll look again. I'll also look into the phone coverage through Asurion directly given the arguments you presented here. I'll report back.