Cracked Screen and Asurion

micesky

Reaction score
I bought the galaxy s3 back in September and when I dropped it just once the screen shattered. I've been using it up until now with the cracked screen since my digitizer wasn't affected, but I finally swallowed my fear and attempted to fix the screen on my own.
This seemed to be a HUGE MISTAKE for someone like myself, since I am inexperienced. The phone is completely wrecked in appearance. It turns on but I can't see anything.

Anyways, I was wondering if Asurion covers situations like these. I know that they would have covered the cracked screen previous to me tampering with it.
I know it was my fault, but I figured since I pay for Asurion already I might be able to get something out of it??

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I would think that if it is obvious that you tampered with it, you may be out of luck with that phone. I wont swear to this, but i would do my best to make it look like it hasn't been tampered with, if you are trying to keep the data on the phone. Otherwise I would call Assurion and tell them that the phone was lost or stolen, and just get a new phone altogether. Be careful what you tell them. A friend of mine broke their screen and after six months of dealing with it, decided to get it replaced with Asurion insurance. They asked when it happened and when she told the truth they told her they couldn't help because it broke so long ago.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Plus 1 ^^^^

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.