Do you like the fact that rooting/jailbreaking is legal? then listen up!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The law that allows us to root/jailbreak our devices with out any legal action is now about to expire. Personally I root because I am tired or oems forcing us ti have unremovable bloatware and not supporting their devices. Yes some oems are better than other with providing updates but we have seen them release devices and refuse to provide updates. Thanks to rooting/jailbreaking users have the freedom to do what ever they want with their devices with out penalty of law. Yes we may void our warranty but that is far better than being treated like a criminal. Yes some people use rooting/jailbreaking for malicious reasons but the majority of us including iphone users just want to modify our devices. So whether you own an android or an iphone if you love to root/jailbreak then we need to act to ensure we preserve our rights to do so. So spread the news to all android users and iphone users alike speak up and be heard.

Thanks to android central for the article, please see this site for more info.

https://www.eff.org/pages/jailbreaking-not-crime-tell-copyright-office-free-your-devices

Last edited by a moderator:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this pc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Spread the word to other android forums.

TSXXX

Reaction score
Another way for the government to try and control us.

Sent from my GummyNex :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for posting this pc!!

Durania

Reaction score
Signed.

If they want to fix a problem on the internet or technology in general. Go after these damn websites hosting malware and viruses.

Anyone running for reelection this year need not expect a vote from me.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Legal or not it doesn't really stop anything. Downloading movies and music is illegal yet people still do it 100 times a day. Drugs are illegal and yet people still go out of their way to get them and use them. While I will put my hand up in saying keep it legal it doesn't entirely matter because it's not worth the time or money to enforce it and punish people for doing what they're going to do anyway.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Legal or not it doesn't really stop anything. Downloading movies and music is illegal yet people still do it 100 times a day. Drugs are illegal and yet people still go out of their way to get them and use them. While I will put my hand up in saying keep it legal it doesn't entirely matter because it's not worth the time or money to enforce it and punish people for doing what they're going to do anyway.

maybe, but dont forget what they did at first to people that downloaded music and movies...they actually went after arrests and all that, not to mention that they went after every site you could download free music from (like limewire), just imagine if they try to do that to people that root or jailbreak? yes it might not eliminate rooting but it could certainly hurt it

creaky

Reaction score
Petition signed; now I am preparing comments to submit to the US Copyright Office.

Thanks for posting this pc.

Talon66721

Reaction score
Also, from what I understand of it, it will be a felony to root/jailbreak. Can you believe that? It will be a felony to do what I want with MY device that I paid $700 for. Really? How is it different than a computer? We can load whatever os we want on it, right? Linux, Ubunto, no problem. But not our phone. What's the difference? We paid for both, own them. Can I tell you what you can do with your car? No, you can't put another engine in it. You have to leave the original in it. No upgrades or improvements. Can someone help me understand what I'm missing?

Edit: Sorry had to rant a bit first. Signed!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes I signed and commented and I am working on writing they copyright office as well. Ill share what I wrote once its finished.

alboboy10

Reaction score

Still its about the idea...the principal. You're being taken another freedom.

They're making so many rules for everything and so many things illegal its dumb.

This government criticises other governments of not giving people rights. But they take away your rights here, about small things like this

Talon66721

Reaction score
Still its about the idea...the principal. You're being taken another freedom.

They're making so many rules for everything and so many things illegal its dumb.

This government criticises other governments of not giving people rights. But they take away your rights here, about small things like this

Kind of how they want to tell every other country to turn into a democracy while we are quickly moving away from it and heading towards some kind of corporate run dictatorship. What happened to 'the land of the free'?

What it boils down to, imo, is we aren't renting our phones from them like a car. I can understand not messing with something that you rent, but I OWN my phone. They don't.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums