Disable screen timeout when plugged in

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
Sitting at my desk all day long with my Droid plugged into my laptop and charging, the screen still times out every once in a while. My laptop allows me to set different timeouts for when it's running on battery or plugged in. It'd be nice if my Droid did that, too. Am I missing something?

CDB

Reaction score
Settings > Applications > Stay Awake - check to enable.

Alternatively, download Screebl and never worry about screen lighting again.

Silver Member
Reaction score
charge your phone from the wall, not the PC. your screen will stay lit regardless of apps, timeouts, etc.

OP
C

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
charge your phone from the wall, not the PC. your screen will stay lit regardless of apps, timeouts, etc.

That may be true but it makes no sense. How/why should the charging circuit know where the electrons are coming from and if there was going to be a difference, the opposite of what you describe would be more useful. It also doesn't help me if I don't have a wall charger handy.

Silver Member
Reaction score
because a USB port is limited to 500mAh. your wall charger is 1100mAh. the phone charges quicker from the wall. the phone goes to sleep when connected to the PC, to help conserve resources so that it can actually charger.

1000/1100mAh is healthier for the phone. always use the appropriate charger when possible.