Screen timeout

Sam Hobbs

Reaction score
How do we increase the screen timeout duration?

We have a Galaxy S5 with Android 4.4.2. I cannot find where to increase the screen timeout duration. I have found Android 101: How to change screen time out length | Android Central but our display settings do not have a time out setting. I have asked my uncle and he cannot find it either. I do find a Screen timeout setting on my old Motorola Droid X with Android 2.3.4.

It is not as much of a problem for me but my mother and two brothers are new to smartphones. It is very frustrating for them when the screen goes blank.

We tried the "smart stay" but it is not smart enough.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Pull down the notification bar and touch the gear icon, this will take you into system settings.
D7z8LLa.jpg
Then go into display
u78JaVi.jpg
Then screen timeout.
iearMSm.jpg
change the time to whatever you'd like.
you should also turn off smart stay.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
S

Sam Hobbs

Reaction score
Thank you.

Yes, it is right there. I just panicked. I guess I was overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done to set up 4 Android phones.

For some reason it was already set to 10 minutes for my phone so I must have overlooked that setting.

I have worked with computers since about 1970 but I guess I just get overwhelmed sometimes.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Thank you.

Yes, it is right there. I just panicked. I guess I was overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done to set up 4 Android phones.

For some reason it was already set to 10 minutes for my phone so I must have overlooked that setting.

I have worked with computers since about 1970 but I guess I just get overwhelmed sometimes.
The phones of today are VERY impressive.

Reactions: cr6
OP
S

Sam Hobbs

Reaction score
The phones of today are VERY impressive.
Yes, they sure are. I will avoid commenting much (since I am getting off-topic) but it is amazing that they probably have as much processing power of a huge mainframe computer of the past right in my pocket. The Android operating system is about as complex. There is a lot that can be done and therefore very much to learn.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Yes, they sure are. I will avoid commenting much but it is amazing that the I probably have power of a huge mainframe computer of the past right in my pocket. The Android operating system is about as complex. There is a lot that can be done and therefore very much to learn.
Well don't be bashful! If you have any questions we are here to help!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk