Media Dock - Screen Timeout

Dan_08

Reaction score
It's 2.2, I read in another thread the reason for the screen saver is to protect the AMOLED screen on the other Android phones. Our Droid's don't have a problem with burn in.

I'm pretty sure there is an App that will leave the Clock w/ widgets displayed, can't remember which one. I know it sucks I miss the old clock!

CStubing

Reaction score
It's 2.2, I read in another thread the reason for the screen saver is to protect the AMOLED screen on the other Android phones. Our Droid's don't have a problem with burn in.

I'm pretty sure there is an App that will leave the Clock w/ widgets displayed, can't remember which one. I know it sucks I miss the old clock!

Glad I haven't updated to 2.2 yet. :/ Do they really have a screensaver with *no* user settings??? Even Microsoft lets you control your own destiny on that one...

Dan_08

Reaction score
Glad I haven't updated to 2.2 yet. :/ Do they really have a screensaver with *no* user settings??? Even Microsoft lets you control your own destiny on that one...

2.2 is easily worth the effed up screen saver. Your loss on that one.

CStubing

Reaction score

I've only had the phone for a week, so I really wouldn't know the difference yet. I know I like having the clock and weather and not a stupid screensaver while it's sitting on my desk in the dock all day while I'm working, so I really don't think I'm at a loss. If there were something about 2.2 that would improve my life that I knew about, maybe I'd feel differently, but your empty statement provides no worthwhile information.

Dan_08

Reaction score

I've only had the phone for a week, so I really wouldn't know the difference yet. I know I like having the clock and weather and not a stupid screensaver while it's sitting on my desk in the dock all day while I'm working, so I really don't think I'm at a loss. If there were something about 2.2 that would improve my life that I knew about, maybe I'd feel differently, but your empty statement provides no worthwhile information.

Well let me continue to educate you by suggesting you read up on the benifits of having 2.2. Anyone that has it will say it will,"improve your life". And do u even know what the "stupid screen saver" is? Like I said before if the screen saver bothers you that much, there is a FREE app to give you the clock and the weather while on the dock.

Next time try something out before bashing it....

CStubing

Reaction score
Well let me continue to educate you by suggesting you read up on the benifits of having 2.2. Anyone that has it will say it will,"improve your life". And do u even know what the "stupid screen saver" is? Like I said before if the screen saver bothers you that much, there is a FREE app to give you the clock and the weather while on the dock.

You've continued to *not* educate me, by still providing no worthwhile information about 2.2. I'm sure it has great things, but as I said, I don't know what they are yet. Wow, I can read up on it? That's amazing insight; I never imagined there would actually be written word on its benefits. You have opened a whole new world to me, Dan_08. Thank you for enriching my life.

jnestico

Reaction score

I do have Weather Widget on my droid but when the phone is docked the screen still goes dim,not all the way dark but the dimming that happens before it goes to sleep.

Dan_08

Reaction score

You've continued to *not* educate me, by still providing no worthwhile information about 2.2. I'm sure it has great things, but as I said, I don't know what they are yet. Wow, I can read up on it? That's amazing insight; I never imagined there would actually be written word on its benefits. You have opened a whole new world to me, Dan_08. Thank you for enriching my life.

I'm glad i had the chance to enrich your life. dancedroid

brando56894

Reaction score
This is not a bug or anything to do with lack of power, as someone else mentioned its a feature, an annoying one at that though. Id like to turn the screen saver off too but it seems to be impossible to do so....

CStubing

Reaction score
This is not a bug or anything to do with lack of power, as someone else mentioned its a feature, an annoying one at that though. Id like to turn the screen saver off too but it seems to be impossible to do so....

Well, this thread has been hijacked with the screensaver problem, but it started in January 2010, and was about the screen timeout problem when docked, not the screensaver.

mriverdance

Reaction score
I read on another thread, to download an Alarm Clock V2 app, go to settings and tell it never to time out. I won't be able to try with my dock until Monday next week. but since the 2.2 update, the screen was going off, and I had a screen saver clock going all over the screen. The app is free or a paid version. So far on the free version, I don't see any ads.

Also, try going to settings/application/development and stay awake. This was another suggestion I read.

Prior to this, my battery is draining faster that usual