Backlight Timeout NEVER Saves

slinky

Reaction score
The most annoying aspect of my droid is the backlight timeout in settings NEVER saving indefinitely and being lost after some activity I cannot explain. Every day at least 3-4 times I'll have the screen timeout almost instantly. Why? Because after setting it for 1 minute or 30 seconds, something in the phone deletes the settings (especially after home crashes) and then it's set to nothing by default which I think is like 5-10 seconds or something absurdly short. I don't know if others have this problem but it is infuriating having to reset the timeout in the settings numerous times each day.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The most annoying aspect of my droid is the backlight timeout in settings NEVER saving indefinitely and being lost after some activity I cannot explain. Every day at least 3-4 times I'll have the screen timeout almost instantly. Why? Because after setting it for 1 minute or 30 seconds, something in the phone deletes the settings (especially after home crashes) and then it's set to nothing by default which I think is like 5-10 seconds or something absurdly short. I don't know if others have this problem but it is infuriating having to reset the timeout in the settings numerous times each day.

Are you using any apps like screebl?

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score

Are you using any apps like screebl?
I got rid of screebl. Nothing else I know is controlling the backlight. It works perfectly but the problem is something keeps deleting the settings periodically, perhaps it gets nailed by the reset, the home app crashing, whatever. I don't even have any home screens.