Dev server ota file: Use caution if rooted repost

malaka

Reaction score
im not sure if this is allowed but it was too awesome not to share

Dev Server OTA File: USE CAUTION IF YOU'RE ROOTED - xda-developers

i followed directions in there unfroze all my bloat and let the OTA activate...it unrooted my phone...i then re did the one click root method and i have root again...

this included some fixes i guess and unfortunately the camera wasnt included...the root exploit wasnt patched and you can reroot afterwards

to the mods of this forum i lost my old account here it was NYGRIK it had more than the 5 posts on this guy i should really know the rules about posting external forum links but i dont so if this is in violation i apologize...im a droid 1 junkie and im happy the they are patching the d3 which had a rocky start...now we are rooted cant wait for the custom recov and roms!

ps- refroze all the blur and my phone is flying havent had any noticeable issues as of yet...also im not responsible for anything you do to your device my experience may differ from yours...i was a flash addict on the droid 1 so i wouldnt say im a total noob but im definitely no dev so dont expect any major help from me loldancedroid

Big D

Reaction score
So are you saying that we DO NOT have to unroot to apply the OTA?

There is a one touch unroot out there but if it's not necessary, I'd love to just skip that step. I planned on unfreezing all the bloat and doing the OTA today.

Thanks.

ajgates92

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to unroot, because once you apply the update it automatically strips you from root. Then you can reroot after the update.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I unfroze all the bloat apps and flashed it. Did NOT unroot. Just to confirm you will have to reroot after. No big deal.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Riley

Reaction score
If this is flashed and applied, when the official one comes out will the phone recognize that?

aggiechase37

Reaction score
How is the stock launcher running with this thing? Did they make any changes to the tedious animations? Smoother? I had two widgets per page on stock launcher and it lagged going back to the homescreen non stop. Any progress here?

Big D

Reaction score
I'm looking for reports on the new OTA as well. How's it performing?

Tepes

Reaction score
Yep, it is.

Where are the settings for that? I uploaded the update with no issues, but my gtalk looks no different and nothing has changed in the settings of gtalk.

As for root, I used rootkeeper from the market, did the steps to backup root and temporarily turn root off, applied the OTA, went back and set root with rootkeeper and it worked. No need to go through the one click process again.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

Bloodhawlk

Reaction score
help

so i tried the manual way power+x and no success then even rebooted recovery threw adb shell and no bueno. the update keeps aborting any sugestions on how to fix this?????

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Where are the settings for that? I uploaded the update with no issues, but my gtalk looks no different and nothing has changed in the settings of gtalk.

As for root, I used rootkeeper from the market, did the steps to backup root and temporarily turn root off, applied the OTA, went back and set root with rootkeeper and it worked. No need to go through the one click process again.

Fire up Talk and change your status. Allow video and voice chats should be right there in front of you.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...GTabComb

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
so i tried the manual way power+x and no success then even rebooted recovery threw adb shell and no bueno. the update keeps aborting any sugestions on how to fix this?????

When you boot to recovery what are you doing then? Hold volume + and tap volume -, should bring up the menu to install from sdcard. Choose the .zip and go.... if it aborts...you probably have a bad download. Delete and redownload

Tepes

Reaction score
Fire up Talk and change your status. Allow video and voice chats should be right there in front of you.

Nope, nada :( I looked in system/app to be sure and it is Talk2.apk :(

Just went through the update process again. No change to gtalk.