Dev server ota file: Use caution if rooted repost

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Is there anyway to uninstall this or roll back? And slightly unrelated, how do we unroot? Do we just run the 1 click root program if we used that, or do we need to do some adb work? Just want to see if I can roll back easily in case something goes sideways.

No way to roll back. Currently there are no "do-overs" on the Droid 3. No .sbf, no alternative recovery, etc...

Remove root with the unroot one-click method posted over at XDA or just (while root), remove busybox, superuser.apk and su. Reboot.

Invader DJ

Reaction score
No way to roll back. Currently there are no "do-overs" on the Droid 3. No .sbf, no alternative recovery, etc...

Remove root with the unroot one-click method posted over at XDA or just (while root), remove busybox, superuser.apk and su. Reboot.

That's what I thought. I think I'll skip this, I don't care about video chat and my battery life and speed has been much better with bloat frozen, so I'm not too worried about it.

amaroth

Reaction score
I did not un-root to apply this update. All i did was unfreeze/move back all the apks that I froze/moved. Ran the update, and then used the 1 click root again. Everything went smooth

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I sideloaded the new GTalk which kept me from being able to run this update. I did a factory reset which did no good, what I ended up doing was go into PetesMotoRootTools and restored the system/apps which thankfully took me to bone stock.

The update ran fine after that, I re-rooted charged it all night while off on a wall adapter. I used Battery Calibration to wipe battery stats, been off the charger all day medium use sitting at 40%.

My stats are:

Display 26%
Android OS 26%
Maps 9%
Phone Idle 6%
Cell Standby 5%
Wi-Fi 5%
Browser 4%
com.motorola.home 4%
Plume 3%
Android System 3%
Market 2%

This update is so worth it, the phone runs a bit faster and the battery's impressive.

Bloodhawlk

Reaction score
Serious HELP???

After flashing the update. my D3 is in a boot loop any way i can bypass or fix to factory settings. i have tried the factory rest 3x and wipe cache 3x. still goes into a boot loop. Nedd help please. :-(

duckworth

Reaction score
The post with the download has been taken down. Does anyone have another link or a copy they can share?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Deleted
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I think I'm going to hold off myself. The real update may be close, and I don't want to get stuck with this update. The possibility is real. Plus, with ice cream sandwich on the horizon I really don't want to be stuck here. Sounds like the update is real nice though, and believe me when I say the temptation is there…

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums