Dell Will Pay You to Take a Droid X, Droid Incredible, or Droid Pro

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
X_Inc.jpg

According to multiple sources, Dell is currently offering a great (too good?) deal on a new Incredible, Droid X, or Droid Pro:

With a new activation:
- the phone is free
- they waive the activation fee
- shipping is free
- they'll even throw in a $25 gift card.

I haven't found a catch yet... so, Happy Holidays! Check it out.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I called Verizon...they stated I was eligible for an upgrade. I went to this site and almost clicked the pay button. I decided to check to see if I was eligible through the website itself. Glad I checked, In Dell's eyes, I was not eligible for an upgrade....I would have been charged for the full amount. Make sure you all do your homework before clicking the pay button!

schollianmj

Reaction score
meh, i got my incredible for free from best Buy last week using the one year upgrade from my wife's line...

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
meh, i got my incredible for free from best Buy last week using the one year upgrade from my wife's line...

seeing the X and Pro for free, plus gift card, is really more the "news", b/c you're right - the Inc has been free in various places for awhile now

rlacsamana1989

Reaction score
The homework on this is the posting.

It says clearly that it is for new activations not for upgrades.

Clearly dell gets something out of the deal as it would bring new customers making Verizon more money then those who already have Verizon as a provider.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
This goes to show you that our DX's are old tech now. Well soon will be. The new standard will be dual processors, 1080p and front facing cams. I still love my DX.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This goes to show you that our DX's are old tech now. Well soon will be. The new standard will be dual processors, 1080p and front facing cams. I still love my DX.

Crazy isn't it? impossible to keep up with this stuff... sometimes makes me want to hit "the off switch" with all of it. Problem is I want to stay on top of technology so my kids won't get ahead of me as they get older and into this stuff... (they're still pretty young)

Reaction score
Yeah, I never get any good deals on this stuff. I'm an upgrade (adds extra money) on a secondary line (adds lots of extra money) Currently it'd cost $129.99 through them. Luckily I got it when it was $74.99 through them. Cheapest I could find for my situation

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't like Dell. I wouldn't take it from them if they gave it to me. YMMV and probably will.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score

Crazy isn't it? impossible to keep up with this stuff... sometimes makes me want to hit "the off switch" with all of it. Problem is I want to stay on top of technology so my kids won't get ahead of me as they get older and into this stuff... (they're still pretty young)

I've thought about that too...lol! But I'm hooked on this stuff too. So much that I'm currently working on getting my A+ cert and so on.

Wish you the best on that. The technology generation is certainly living up to their name.

rubiX 1.9.0 (non-leak) DX on the v4 Juice via DF app

Moreno

Reaction score
The reason why most promotional deals say new activations is instead of new 2yr agreement is because commission is different for each type of 2yr agreement rather it is an Upgrades, New, Port-ins, etc. Each is different. and it does matter what plan is chosen.

Munstir

Reaction score
So question when I click on the Droid Pro it says its free for new Verizon Wireless accounts. Yet I click on the same for just an upgrade and it says free as well. Then it asks to see if I am eligible and it does say I am from the Verizon Wireless window that pops up. I need a new phone badly and with bills up the butt can't afford to drop any extra money.

So is this free deal a good grab or is there some huge catch?

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Anyone using their upgrade right now...its a bad idea. The 4G phones are right around the corner. I am eligible 1 year early (January 27th 2011) and I am going to wait until a good 4G phone is available. Even if it is not available in your area, why not at LEAST have the 4G tech available for when it finally does become available?