Droid Incredible Delayed Again, Don't Expect it 'Till August 3rd

StiKemUp

Reaction score
Ordered my Incredible from Amazon about a week ago, and it's out for delivery today :D

sweet, a positive story for oncedancedroid

welcome to the Droid family :)

Oh why ty sir ;D

I'd recommend anyone trying to get a DI check out Wirefly or Amazon.. They claim it will ship in 1-2 weeks.. Was very surprised to get an email after just a few days saying my phone would ship much sooner than expected.

nerdkill

Reaction score
i think this is the nail in the coffin. the phone is going to be old by the time they get stocked and then they'll have to be given away for free. what an amazing screw up for such a promising device. big blow for htc and for android imo (even if it's not androids fault).

anyone have any links that talk about what actually happened? i keep hearing that samsung doesn't have enough screens for them, but how many did htc actually order? i would really like to know who's fault all of this is as it might make me think about future purchases. i prefer to buy mass produced successful phones because they stay relevant and get better support for longer.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think this is the nail in the coffin. the phone is going to be old by the time they get stocked and then they'll have to be given away for free. what an amazing screw up for such a promising device. big blow for htc and for android imo (even if it's not androids fault).

anyone have any links that talk about what actually happened? i keep hearing that samsung doesn't have enough screens for them, but how many did htc actually order? i would really like to know who's fault all of this is as it might make me think about future purchases. i prefer to buy mass produced successful phones because they stay relevant and get better support for longer.

google search: htc amoled shortage.

tons of articles about it. but i doubt there's any talk about specific # of screens. although it did seem fishy, that the shortages took place just before Samsung began its Galaxy S rollout

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

HTC is in a very unique position here. It can swing either way. It will still be considered new if not too many ppl got one yet.

They just need to put this one to rest. The DI missed it's prime and there is no getting that back. Lots of ticked off VZW customers and HTC fans I'm sure.

I disagree, there is still a very useful spot in VZW's lineup for the Incredible. In fact, if they fix the Incredible's shipping problems, I wouldn't be surprised if the Incredible sells more than the X just because it looks more like an iPhone. That probably won't happen though, because VZW is going to be marketing the **** out of the X, but if they both had an even playing ground, the Incredible would win with the general consumer.

That was until Samsung came into the picture...many ppl say the new Samsung phones look too iPhone-ish with the UI and the build...

Plus its between the Inc and X in size...Samsung might trip up both the X and the Inc. at the same time. Since its closer in size to the Inc., they might get hit the hardest first.

Updated specs vs. the Inc, 6 axis gyroscope-like-iPhone-ish feature, I just found out the new Samsung phones might can do full TV out thru the 3.5 mm jack.(which is amazing: a mirror image of your phone on TV.) "Super" Amoled (anything "Super" is gonna catch ppl's eye, thats why HTC or Verizon better market the new Super LCD's the Inc. getting).....

Samsung is involved in these delays and might cause ppl to forget about the Inc.

Cole119

Reaction score

HTC is in a very unique position here. It can swing either way. It will still be considered new if not too many ppl got one yet.

They just need to put this one to rest. The DI missed it's prime and there is no getting that back. Lots of ticked off VZW customers and HTC fans I'm sure.

I disagree, there is still a very useful spot in VZW's lineup for the Incredible. In fact, if they fix the Incredible's shipping problems, I wouldn't be surprised if the Incredible sells more than the X just because it looks more like an iPhone. That probably won't happen though, because VZW is going to be marketing the **** out of the X, but if they both had an even playing ground, the Incredible would win with the general consumer.

That was until Samsung came into the picture...many ppl say the new Samsung phones look too iPhone-ish with the UI and the build...

Plus its between the Inc and X in size...Samsung might trip up both the X and the Inc. at the same time. Since its closer in size to the Inc., they might get hit the hardest first.

Updated specs vs. the Inc, 6 axis gyroscope-like-iPhone-ish feature, I just found out the new Samsung phones might can do full TV out thru the 3.5 mm jack.(which is amazing: a mirror image of your phone on TV.) "Super" Amoled (anything "Super" is gonna catch ppl's eye, thats why HTC or Verizon better market the new Super LCD's the Inc. getting).....

Samsung is involved in these delays and might cause ppl to forget about the Inc.

That's very true... the Touchwiz UI looks like a straight rip from the iPhone lol.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Don't get me wrong. I do hope the DI bounces back from this. I think it is a great phone. In fact if it was Evo sized I prolly would have bought one at launch. But let's be realistic. This phone has been out for over 2 months and has been scarcely available the whole time. And since then we have had rumors, seen out in the wild pics and finally an official announcement of the Droid X. Let's not forget the Samsung Fascinate and Droid 2. That is two months that a large number of people patiently waiting for the DI had to see these other options. True the X might be a little tighter niche market because of the size. But I am sure there are many people oooohing and ahhhing over that bigger screen and know they can get it now and not have to keep waiting. And in their eyes they are getting a better (bigger) phone for the same price now.

HTC should have really been more prepared for this. Have the stock on hand or bump back the release until you have the supply to meet demand. Don't rush it out and leave a bunch of people hanging. They will go elsewhere.

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Well if anyone wants my INC it will be on sale on 7/15, extended battery, car dock et al :)