[Deal Alert] 'Matrix One' 7-Inch Android Tablet On Sale for $59.99

Amarea

Reaction score
More updates...

This company has been removed as an approved seller by Google Wallet. They have had their account completely shut down by Google. However, they are also operating under the company called Pacatek as well. They typo'd their Terms of Service webpage as shown by the Google cache which clearly reflects the MTX website address. My advice is get your money back while you are still protected by the Fair Credit Billing Act!

Pacatek, Inc. :: Terms & Conditions

goosedeath

Reaction score
Amarea said:
More updates...

This company has been removed as an approved seller by Google Wallet. They have had their account completely shut down by Google. However, they are also operating under the company called Pacatek as well. They typo'd their Terms of Service webpage as shown by the Google cache which clearly reflects the MTX website address. My advice is get your money back while you are still protected by the Fair Credit Billing Act!

Pacatek, Inc. :: Terms & Conditions

I'll give them a few days after the 20th to see what happens....I'm probably gonna get a Nexus 10.

$60 for a tablet was worth a chance though. If it comes I'll see about making it my off road navigation system.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'll give them a few days after the 20th to see what happens....I'm probably gonna get a Nexus 10.

$60 for a tablet was worth a chance though. If it comes I'll see about making it my off road navigation system.

I really hope they come in. My friend likes his and my son has been asking for one. If I don't hear anything by the end of the month then I will try to get my money back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Amarea

Reaction score

Wal-Mart also carries a $60 tablet: Ematic Genesis Series with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System: Computers : Walmart.com

I really hope they come in. My friend likes his and my son has been asking for one. If I don't hear anything by the end of the month then I will try to get my money back.

Depending on when you placed your order and how you paid, you might not be able to get your money back. If you paid via a debit card tied to your bank account, you have to file a dispute within 45 days of the date of transaction (some banks are 60 days). Even then there is no guarantee your bank will issue a refund as there are no consumer protection laws protecting debit card transactions. The EFTA does limit your liability to only $50 but only within 2 days of the date of transaction. After that it jumps to $500. If you paid via credit card, you have 60 days to file the dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act.

The problem I was seeing with Matrix's responses was that their shipping date is sitting right before the holidays and right at the end of that 60 day window. From the research I've done, their CEO is no stranger to fraud. This is from a comment on another post about Matrix:

Take a look at the Matrix people's About Us page. http://mtxone.com/company/abou... Note Robert K. as the CEO. They list his last name, Klayman. They also make mention about Ginsu Knives.

A quick googling of Robert Klayman gives a report of someone who got scammed by his operation for what smells like a work-from-home pyramid scheme: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-special-report-bad-business,0,1679174.story...

There's also a federal court cease-and-desist order to stop him from foisting interests in the same scheme since, from what I can tell and not being a lawyer, he was basically trying to sell to people who didn't have a clue what they were buying: http://www.corp.ca.gov/ENF/pdf/2011/SCIEspanol_DR.pdf...

There's a 2008 judgment that I don't have full details on without PACER access, http://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/cacdce/2:2008cv02977/415055/... http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/cacdce/2:2008cv02977/415055/18/

He's also involved in an overseas call center operation, with some investments in the Phillipines: http://www.securecallmanagement.com/executives.htm...

$60 may be worth the risk to some but not me (I had ordered 3 for my kids). I truly hope you all do get your tablets and that they work fine. I just want to make sure others are well informed of what is going on with Google Wallet as well as this companies ties to Pacatek since it's probable the tablet deal may show up there next.

dracos

Reaction score
Is there no recourse with Google Wallet if we do not receive the product as ordered?

Just so everyone knows you can also file a claim with Google Wallet if we dont receive our product

Google can't make guarantees about sellers accepting payments through Google Wallet or the products they're selling. Learn more about troubleshooting order-related issues.
If a seller is unresponsive, and you placed your order within the last 180 days using any of the accepted payment methods, Google can mediate by contacting the seller on your behalf. File a claim for mediation.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I ordered mine on October 2nd so I'm going to see what happens tomorrow. I still have a little time before the 60 days.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Is it just me or did their facebook page disappear? I was holding on to hope because they were posting updates on the FB wall but now I can't load the page. That gives me a sinking feeling. :( It's also annoying that you can't check order status on their website.

goosedeath

Reaction score
xsylus said:
Is it just me or did their facebook page disappear? I was holding on to hope because they were posting updates on the FB wall but now I can't load the page. That gives me a sinking feeling. :( It's also annoying that you can't check order status on their website.

Looks like we got scammed. Karma will catch up to them.

Androidedo

Reaction score
The Facebook page is gone!

And as we speak, probably their office is being emptied and they will fly away.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I just got two emails from the merchant regarding a support ticket. Not sure if google wallet did something on my behalf or what but it's interesting to still be getting correspondence from the company. I just wish they had sent me a tracking number. Thought I holiday shopping all wrapped up, but I guess not.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I just got two emails from the merchant regarding a support ticket. Not sure if google wallet did something on my behalf or what but it's interesting to still be getting correspondence from the company. I just wish they had sent me a tracking number. Thought I holiday shopping all wrapped up, but I guess not.

Yeah I also got two emails. If I don't have a tracking number Monday I'm going to file with my credit card company.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To me this behavior shows that the company is trying to be proactive which is a good sign. I didn't have time to really look at the emails since I was at work and just previewed them on my phone but now that I've logged into their support site it appears to be a clumsy attempt at order tracking although it still shows the "order status" as blank. I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt. The other thing that concerns me though is how well they will handle claims with that 1 year warranty they offer. I think if you have issues with the device it would be easier to just buy one from another company rather than dealing with trying to get a warranty replacement unit. But that's down the road, we have to receive the items first... :icon_eek: I wonder if sites like DF and all the others who posted info about this tablet are regretting it and will be more cautious in the future. This really affects everyone's credibility. One way the company might be able to salvage a little consumer confidence would be to refund the shipping charges for all the orders.

Anyway, here's to hoping... :pint:

Androidedo

Reaction score
I received an email too after filing my complaint to Google Wallet.

It is strange I didn't get an email form GW but from Matrix One who
seems to be calling themselves MTXTablet now.

dracos

Reaction score
I too received an support ticket without opening a case with anyone. So there is some type of tracking going on but my order link still says processed not shipped so they have til the end of the month if even then before I open a case with Google Wallet and my CC.