[Deal Alert] 'Matrix One' 7-Inch Android Tablet On Sale for $59.99

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Quote from the MatrixOne website:
To our customers:We deeply apologize for the inconveniences that a small portion of our customers encountered.
When orders were initially placed, we promised a preorder delivery time of four weeks, when normal delivery time is two weeks from us. Two weeks into placing our order to our factory, we were informed that the factory was backordered on the glass to make our product. We were then notified that the factory did not have the correct chip required for the pc board in the tablets. This caused additional delays. Once we received our shipment, we tried to ship, but found out we could not access Google Wallet, our online credit card processor. Due to the amount of complaints for delays in delivery that Google Wallet had received from our customers, Google decided to shut down our account without notice to us. As a result, we could not access any order or customer information. Prior to the shut down of our account, any customer that requested a refund was given one without hesitation.
We have worked constantly for the last three weeks with Google to persuade them to allow us access to our account, but have not had success. Google finally agreed to release just our customer’s information, but we had no way of determining what orders had been cancelled or refunded and what orders still needed to be processed. We had no other option other than to refund all of our customers. As of today, Google has informed us that they have begun to refund customers. Previously to this issue, we have had no problems with Google and were on good standing. Prior to this event, we had in house inventory and were shipping merchandise within 3-4 days.
Please contact Google Wallet if you have not received your refund.
As you can see, there is no intent for failure for delivery of our product, as we have had no control over the issue. We immediately stopped accepting orders when we started incurring delays in shipping of the product and will not accept new orders until all of our affected customers have been refunded and we are well stocked with inventory.
Once again, we apologize sincerely for the troubles.

goosedeath

Reaction score
More than apparent it was a scam, at least to me now. Guess I'll be looking at a nexus 10.
Go figure they were located in California, scam central for the western half of the USA. My debit/cc info always seems to make it out there w/out me...I wish ID theft carried a heavier penalty. Now I'm ranting. ..

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's some useful info for you guys. Engadget investigated this company even further and found out several details regarding them. Here's the story: Ginsu knives, psychic hotlines and a $90 tablet: the story behind the Matrix One

Sadly, it looks like the owner of this company is either corrupt or inept. Ultimately, you will definitely want to contact your financial institutions to institute a reversal charge procedure of some kind.