[Deal Alert] 'Matrix One' 7-Inch Android Tablet On Sale for $59.99

Amarea

Reaction score
You all got the ticket because Google Wallet was watching the November 20th deadline and likely requested a status update for everyone involved. I find it funny that not just their Matrix One but the Pacatek facebook page as well have both disappeared. Trying to hide evidence possibly? Too bad some of us took screen shots in the unlikely event that did happen. Want to know something even more suspicious? Facebook pages take 2 WEEKS to be deleted. You have to put in a request and they make you wait 2 weeks before the page will be deleted. The fact that their page is gone NOW tells me they had to have requested the deletion right around the same time their webpage went MIA for a few days.

In my dealings with Google Wallet, their reports about Matrix were not favorable at all. It wasn't just about this issue either. Many of the issues also stemmed from repair/service complaints because Matrix would not honor their warranty. For those of you holding out for your tablets, good luck.

And just an FYI: Wal-Mart has a $59 tablet pretty similar to this one as well.

dracos

Reaction score
You all got the ticket because Google Wallet was watching the November 20th deadline and likely requested a status update for everyone involved. I find it funny that not just their Matrix One but the Pacatek facebook page as well have both disappeared. Trying to hide evidence possibly? Too bad some of us took screen shots in the unlikely event that did happen. Want to know something even more suspicious? Facebook pages take 2 WEEKS to be deleted. You have to put in a request and they make you wait 2 weeks before the page will be deleted. The fact that their page is gone NOW tells me they had to have requested the deletion right around the same time their webpage went MIA for a few days.

In my dealings with Google Wallet, their reports about Matrix were not favorable at all. It wasn't just about this issue either. Many of the issues also stemmed from repair/service complaints because Matrix would not honor their warranty. For those of you holding out for your tablets, good luck.

Unfortunately the Walmart one is sold out thanks to Black Friday week...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

In light of all this I'll go ahead and file now. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dracos

Reaction score
In light of all this I'll go ahead and file now. Thanks.

I also filed yesterday but I filed a dispute via my CC bank and they have already issued me a credit guess the details I sent them were enough for them to go yea this looks shady...

AndrewHuttle

Reaction score
Gonna personally hold off on any new Android tablet purchase until mid-next year. I think we'll see a lot cooler stuff by then.

Ender93

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on how to open up a report with Google Wallet about this? I kinda want my money back now that it seems to be a cut and dry scam. I was so excited for it too.

swc2001

Reaction score
I have started the Process to try and get my money back from these crooks. I have told Google Wallet and my Credit Card Company.
Hopefully this will be quick..... I doubt it.

Does anyone know a Good Tablet deal!! I now am missing two key Christmas Presents this year!!:angry:

acousticshade

Reaction score
Yes, buy a nexus 7. Sub $100 tablets that work well, will not fall apart and are not a chore to use are a myth. If you can't afford the $200, get an older kindle or a nook, but stay away from the cheap Chinese junk.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even though this situation was beyond our control, we just want to say we are embarrassed by it. We only ran this story after several other larger publications, like BGR and Engadget ran it. We thought this was a great deal and a reputable company, and would never have shared it if we had any inkling it was going to be a ripoff. For what it is worth, even Google was taken in by this.

We intend that each of you are able to get things worked out through your credit card companies. Please continue to post updates in this thread to let everyone know how things are progressing for you. Thanks for your understanding! We would go kick these scammers in the arse for you guys if we could!

Tonik

Reaction score
We intend that each of you are able to get things worked out through your credit card companies.

This is the best advice for everyone. Just go straight to your credit card company and let Google and the vendor worry about the rest. For those of you that have never done a credit card dispute before it is easy and it works really well. Just dispute it...if the product wasn't delivered the credit card company will refund you without any hassle.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
If you are looking for an alternative Android 4.0 tablet you can try this website: China Electronics Dropshipping - Free Shipping China Gadgets from Online Electronics Shopping Store While I haven't purchased tablets from them I have purchased other items and received them no problem. I would, however, advise that you spring for the expedited shipping if you plan to give tablets as gifts because the typically receipt time from this site is about 3-4 weeks from time of order. While their processing time is reasonable the time in transit is a bit of a wait. Also with faster shipping you get tracking info. I don't know the true quality of the tablets sold on this site as they are all "unknown" brands. I wouldn't expect anything too impressive from the specs but if you're planning on giving them to children they should do just fine. Also while the majority of the tablets offered run Android 4.0 ICS I doubt they'd be getting a JB update and I doubt there's any tech support offered. You get what you pay for.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah I got one from Walmart during cyber Monday for 60 bucks. It works well and standby battery time is pretty good. My 3 year old should be happy with it. I took it out just to make sure it was some good and to load some games on it so he can play with it immediately on Christmas.

dracos

Reaction score
Even though this situation was beyond our control, we just want to say we are embarrassed by it. We only ran this story after several other larger publications, like BGR and Engadget ran it. We thought this was a great deal and a reputable company, and would never have shared it if we had any inkling it was going to be a ripoff. For what it is worth, even Google was taken in by this.

We intend that each of you are able to get things worked out through your credit card companies. Please continue to post updates in this thread to let everyone know how things are progressing for you. Thanks for your understanding! We would go kick these scammers in the arse for you guys if we could!

Not you guys fault at all a lot of those sites were taken in be these doofs just glad I used a CC and not a DC because I cant imagine how long it will take to get funds back from your checking account on this type of situation.

Definitely faster and easier to go directly to your bank then going through Google Wallet.