DarkSlide V4.2 PLEASE READ!!! Need-to-know's and how to's

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I have installed the blur version of this ROM but I am still having problems with the email settings. I click on email and it doesn't take me into email it takes me into the universal inbox. I need the true email app so I can set up my corporate IMAP account. There isn't an option anywhere that I can find for this. I was under the impression that since I was on the blurless earlier that changing would fix this issue but it seems to be acting exactly the same. Anybody know why that could be?

This ROM is great but I can't use it without being able to set up my emails correctly.

I'm sorry, I don't know what it could be. Maybe NattyBee does. I only use 2 Gmail accounts and they

work fine for me. I click on Gmail and it opens with whatever account I had selected previously. And

if I want to change, I hit settings/accounts, choose one and go. I have my universal Email 2.2.1 frozen

with TiBU. Sorry :(

joshhendry

Reaction score
Ok I have installed the blur version of this ROM but I am still having problems with the email settings. I click on email and it doesn't take me into email it takes me into the universal inbox. I need the true email app so I can set up my corporate IMAP account. There isn't an option anywhere that I can find for this. I was under the impression that since I was on the blurless earlier that changing would fix this issue but it seems to be acting exactly the same. Anybody know why that could be?

This ROM is great but I can't use it without being able to set up my emails correctly.

I'm sorry, I don't know what it could be. Maybe NattyBee does. I only use 2 Gmail accounts and they

work fine for me. I click on Gmail and it opens with whatever account I had selected previously. And

if I want to change, I hit settings/accounts, choose one and go. I have my universal Email 2.2.1 frozen

I thought on the blur version that if I clicked on the email icon I would go into where I added accounts like in other ROMS. It just takes me into the universal inbox. If I go into my accounts there isn't the options I'm used to either for corporate email set up that is imap. I'm confused for sure. I'm not a newbie either. I've tried all kinds of ROMS and never have had any issues that I couldn't figure out. I like this ROM much better then any other I have tried which is why I hope to be able to use it and not switch back to another one.

xjacobx

Reaction score

I thought on the blur version that if I clicked on the email icon I would go into where I added accounts like in other ROMS. It just takes me into the universal inbox. If I go into my accounts there isn't the options I'm used to either for corporate email set up that is imap. I'm confused for sure. I'm not a newbie either. I've tried all kinds of ROMS and never have had any issues that I couldn't figure out. I like this ROM much better then any other I have tried which is why I hope to be able to use it and not switch back to another one.

Ok i have been on blurless for like 2 months so my memory is a lil lacking on how to set them up, but i remember having problems setting them up on stock.
have you tried going to accounts adding an account using the Regular email account, not corporate, then i believe you should have the manual setup, i had my college email that way... you have probably tried this already just something i remember.. hope that helps

evaelone

Reaction score
I just installed Darkslide 4.2 and have to say I love it! One issue the has come up though is when I put my phone in the dock the weather widget does not load or does not allow to add a new one? Is there a fix or add on for this?

Reaction score
I flashed this rom to my d2 and although that may be my problem, the only thing I can't get to work is the blur facebook and twitter accounts, makes no sense to me. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

joshhendry

Reaction score
This thread will contain just what the title reads. It will have instruction's, walk through's and tutorials. Most of what you see has been put together by NattyBee, who has helped so many get their ROM working the way a ROM should work. I beg of you to PLEASE READ the notes provided below before making new threads. I can assure you, because I know from experience, if the initial install of the ROM is done correctly few bug will arise.

DarkSlide v4.2 Official Thread>>> DarkSlide v4.2

Clear Lock Slider in your Add-on's folder:

NattyBee has had to address this many time because the name on the DS Clear Lock Slider is named differently.
-The name of the Clear Lock Slider for Blurless reads like this>>> DarkSlide_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip
-And the name for the Clear Lock Slider for Blur reads as >>> DarkSlideBlur_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip

Gmail not syncing or not receiving notification's: (not a DS issue, but here's how to fix it)

-Go to setting's
-Select Application's
-Select Manage Applications
-Select the "All" tab
-Scroll down to Gmail
-Clear data and cache

Navigation:

If your having Navigation problems try the following :
-Close navigation.
-Open maps, let it find your position.
-Once it does, back out of maps
-Open navigation and see if it works...

I have a question. I thought that the email and contacts would be differen't between the blur and blurless versions of this ROM. I have tried both and those all seem exactly the same. I am looking for the contacts and email apps that are included in a ROM like Rubix Focused 2.0.1 to use. I really love this ROM but it isn't functional for me without those two things. Is there any way to change this?

rclthms

Reaction score
Deleted Launcher Pro by mistake

First and formost I would thank the devs, and everybody helping with support. I got a little carried away tonight and force uninstalled launcher pro after I flashed the blurless rom. I have a couple of nandroid backups, my problem being I can't access them as I am currently without a launcher. Is it possible to turn a .md5 into a .zip so that I could boot into it through the default recovery(non-clockwork)? I am currently on a mac if that helps to know what I'm using.

EDIT: If anyone else is bullheaded enough to do this, some things still work. Like voice commands to take you to the browser and download the .apk from lp's website.

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score
First and formost I would thank the devs, and everybody helping with support. I got a little carried away tonight and force uninstalled launcher pro after I flashed the blurless rom. I have a couple of nandroid backups, my problem being I can't access them as I am currently without a launcher. Is it possible to turn a .md5 into a .zip so that I could boot into it through the default recovery(non-clockwork)? I am currently on a mac if that helps to know what I'm using.

EDIT: If anyone else is bullheaded enough to do this, some things still work. Like voice commands to take you to the browser and download the .apk from lp's website.

In case you need, another way to get into CWR:
Turn phone off
Turn phone back on
Pull battery DURING BOOT ANIMATION
Turn phone on again.
It should boot into CWR.

Another method that usually works is: Turn phone off
Plug in
Phone should boot into charge mode.
Then hit the power button...
Phone should boot into CWR

Just in case you wanted to know :p

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

MontyMo

Reaction score
I'm on V2.3.3
How do I get to 2.3.3.2? If this has been cover this this thread I'm sorry. So much to read :(

NattyBee

Reaction score
I'm on V2.3.3
How do I get to 2.3.3.2? If this has been cover this this thread I'm sorry. So much to read :(

You are confusing System Version with Android Version... you are updated to a newer version of Android than this rom was built on. But don't worry...BBCrackman has built DarkSlide for what you have...it is called DarkSlideX... I will post a link when I get a chance :)

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

MontyMo

Reaction score
You are confusing System Version with Android Version... you are updated to a newer version of Android than this rom was built on. But don't worry...BBCrackman has built DarkSlide for what you have...it is called DarkSlideX... I will post a link when I get a chance :)

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the thread,
Monty

Andayhoo

Reaction score
Need help updating my system

OK...if you are already running DarkSlide V4.2, disregard this post.
**If you are coming from DarkSlide 3.2.1, you will need to update your system prior to installing the DarkSlide 4.2 update.**

If you are coming to DarkSlide 4.2 from another rom, please check your system version BEFORE installing DarkSlide. To do so, go into Settings and select About Phone. check what it says under System Version. if it is NOT either 2.3.32 or 2.3.34, you must update your system prior to installing DarkSlide 4.2 update.

**If you are not on system version 2.3.32 or 2.3.34 prior to install you will experience media issues. for example: your Youtube/other videos will not play, your Pandora/other music will not play, your camera will not function properly, etc.

if you need assistance updating your system, feel free to PM me, and I will send you a guide to get you up to date ;)

Hey, so just read this above quote and found that my Android Version is 2.2.1, so I need a guide to update this to 2.3.34. If this has been covered already, I apologize, not much time in my day to just read through all of this.

Thanks!:)

NattyBee

Reaction score
Hey, so just read this above quote and found that my Android Version is 2.2.1, so I need a guide to update this to 2.3.34. If this has been covered already, I apologize, not much time in my day to just read through all of this.

Thanks!:)

2.3.34 is the System version for Android 2.2.1...you should be good to go, though i'd suggest looking into something a little more up-to-date...such as DarkSlide X ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk