DarkSlide V4.2 PLEASE READ!!! Need-to-know's and how to's

Reaction score
This thread will contain just what the title reads. It will have instruction's, walk through's and tutorials. Most of what you see has been put together by nattybee, who has helped so many get their ROM working the way a ROM should work. I beg of you to PLEASE READ the notes provided below before making new threads. I can assure you, because I know from experience, if the initial install of the ROM is done correctly few bug will arise.

DarkSlide v4.2 download(s)>>> DarkSlide v4.2

Clear Lock Slider in your Add-on's folder:

JMT has had to address this many time because the name on the DS Clear Lock Slider is named differently.
-The name of the Clear Lock Slider for Blurless reads like this>>> DarkSlide_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip
-And the name for the Clear Lock Slider for Blur reads as >>> DarkSlideBlur_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip

Gmail not syncing or not receiving notification's:

-Go to setting's
-Select Application's
-Select Manage Applications
-Select the "All" tab
-Scroll down to Gmail
-Clear data and cache

Navigation:

If your having Navigation problems try the following :
-Close navigation.
-Open maps, let it find your position.
-Once it does, back out of maps
-Open navigation and see if it works...
hey man im having some trouble with the ADW launcher uk the umm wth the lil bar at the bottom where you can put apps? well i cant access my menu cause there is an app in the way the email app is there and its like i cant remove it form the bootm bar with 3 open spaces but i cant remove them.. sorry if this is confuseing how do you remove apps from there please help chkmate... i am forever loyal to the darkslide...

Ok...long press on the desktop...In your popup should be the option to add a shortcut, or add a launcher action, or something to that effect...somewhere there you will find the app launcher...I forget the exact name, as I don’t use ADW any longer...
Anyhow, you can create a shortcut to your app drawer on the desktop...then just long press on that...and drag it to your dock bar (the little bar whereyou can put apps)...

I hope this helps ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
is there any cool themes?? For launcher pro?? And your avig help nattty... i am forever an apprentice of the darkslide...

NattyBee

Reaction score
hey man im having some trouble with the ADW launcher uk the umm wth the lil bar at the bottom where you can put apps? well i cant access my menu cause there is an app in the way the email app is there and its like i cant remove it form the bootm bar with 3 open spaces but i cant remove them.. sorry if this is confuseing how do you remove apps from there please help chkmate... i am forever loyal to the darkslide...

Ok...long press on the desktop...In your popup should be the option to add a shortcut, or add a launcher action, or something to that effect...somewhere there you will find the app launcher...I forget the exact name, as I don’t use ADW any longer...
Anyhow, you can create a shortcut to your app drawer on the desktop...then just long press on that...and drag it to your dock bar (the little bar whereyou can put apps)...

I hope this helps ;)

is there any cool themes?? For launcher pro?? And your avig help nattty... i am forever an apprentice of the darkslide...

I'm sure you can find some on market or by searching Google...but I haven't themed mine, lol

xjacobx

Reaction score

I hope this helps ;)

The theming is basically all done by the user in launcher pro, you have download the icons and docks and use them for the short cuts
CAP2011022515121.jpg

dvsgod

Reaction score
I cannot send any size videos through texting no matter if its already taken or capturing while messaging. Any thoughts for a fix.

NattyBee

Reaction score
I cannot send any size videos through texting no matter if its already taken or capturing while messaging. Any thoughts for a fix.

Did you change the video mode in camcorder to "video message"?

dvsgod

Reaction score

Thanks for helping those of us who are not bright enough. That was it. Odd though, didn't the original auto choose when you captured for text?

NattyBee

Reaction score

Thanks for helping those of us who are not bright enough. That was it. Odd though, didn't the original auto choose when you captured for text?

I have no idea ;) never tried until DS :p

millbean

Reaction score
Running blurless is there a way to get the news and weather genie. Other than that all is good with this bad boy!

joshhendry

Reaction score
I really like the way this ROM is set up and looks but am wanting to try out the new Rubix 2.0 to just see how it performs. Is there any way to get a theme or something to get this same time of look. In my opinion all the transitions and such are exactly how I like my phone. I do like the icons also that are standard on it. Anyone have any info I appreciate any help.

joshhendry

Reaction score
How can I setup my yahoo mail account as imap on this ROM. I don't see the manual setup options like I have in other ROMS.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xjacobx

Reaction score
How can I setup my yahoo mail account as imap on this ROM. I don't see the manual setup options like I have in other ROMS.

Are you on the blurless version? If so that functionality I believe is not on here.. you could download the yahoo app

joshhendry

Reaction score

Are you on the blurless version? If so that functionality I believe is not on here.. you could download the yahoo app

Yeah I'm on the blurless version. If I was to change to the blur version he just released would the entire look of the ROM change? I really like the way it works and looks the way I have it set up now. I just like getting all emails in one inbox and not having 3 different places to look for work, yahoo, and gmail.

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score

Yeah I'm on the blurless version. If I was to change to the blur version he just released would the entire look of the ROM change? I really like the way it works and looks the way I have it set up now. I just like getting all emails in one inbox and not having 3 different places to look for work, yahoo, and gmail.

The blur version and the blurless were released together....

You can install the blur version over the blurless just like an update... no wipe needed....the look of the rom from blur to blurless is essentially the same...
And, blur does have universal inbox, functioning Email app, etc... ;)

joshhendry

Reaction score

The blur version and the blurless were released together....

You can install the blur version over the blurless just like an update... no wipe needed....the look of the rom from blur to blurless is essentially the same...
And, blur does have universal inbox, functioning Email app, etc... ;)

I have installed the blur version and I still don't see how to set up a true imap push account in the options for email setup.

joshhendry

Reaction score
Ok I have installed the blur version of this ROM but I am still having problems with the email settings. I click on email and it doesn't take me into email it takes me into the universal inbox. I need the true email app so I can set up my corporate IMAP account. There isn't an option anywhere that I can find for this. I was under the impression that since I was on the blurless earlier that changing would fix this issue but it seems to be acting exactly the same. Anybody know why that could be?

This ROM is great but I can't use it without being able to set up my emails correctly.