D2 or Blackberry Bold???

dvernik

Reaction score
such a hard choice!!!!
I've never had an android
I like the droid because of all its capabilities but it just seems so complicates
The blackberry seems so easy to use and i want BBM really badly.

Help me make my choice please! Please include details and reasons why you chose Droid 2 or blackberry.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never used a BB, ever. I have a Droid 2, and I love it. But I just can't compare the two since I've never used a BB :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have never used a BB and never will so my opinion on that is of course biased. I have tried the BB's in the Verizon store and am not a fan of the brand or the OS, I guess cause I'm not business oriented or use e-mail too often.

However, the Droid, when you're used to how it works, is very simple. It seems intimidating, but it really is fairly user friendly. It's the total package, handles your business(e-mail), media, and games.

I don't know if the BB is capable of doing the other things I listed Android can do, but it's a no brainer to me, Android. It's the future.

OP
D

dvernik

Reaction score
oh also, im in high school so yea lol.

Can a blackberry be tethered like a droid????

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
such a hard choice!!!!
I've never had an android
I like the droid because of all its capabilities but it just seems so complicates
The blackberry seems so easy to use and i want BBM really badly.

Help me make my choice please! Please include details and reasons why you chose Droid 2 or blackberry.

Here's the thing about blackberry. In my opinion blackberry is 20th century technology. Droid is 21st Century technology.

Want BBM? Kik Messenger - Android

Me personally, I'd tell your Blackberry friends to get with it and use Gtalk.

The only reason it may seem complicated is because you're reading about rooting etc. You can use Droid 2 right out of the box. I had a Blackberry Storm for 1 year, both Storm 1 and Storm 2. The hardest part about getting use to a Droid is forgetting everything you learned about Blackberry. It does not apply.

Remember, Blackberry 20th Century. Droid 21st Century. ;)

NattyBee

Reaction score
I recommend Android over BlackBerry. Blackberry is very limited- in form, in performance...just all around...my girlfriend has the BlackBerry Bold, she loves it, but whenever she gets stuck, I end up helping her with it...I mean, they aren't terrible, and before Android came around, I would have loved them, but I had a BB for about a week or 2 and I got tired of it fast. I took it back, exchanged it for the Droid1 and I loved that from the moment I bought it right until I accidentally broke the screen. At that point, I went out and bought the DroidX, which I love even more. Android is a wonderful piece of technology, allowing freedom and multi-tasking, powerful, innovative...the more you use it, the more you will love it :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Josta

Reaction score
I had a Blackberry Curve for a year and a half. When it fell into the recliner mechanism and was damaged, I had a choice of paying $50 to the insurance company for a rebuilt phone, or pay $300 for a Droid X, which a friend of mine has.

Long story short, I've had the X for two weeks now, and cannot ever imagine going back to the Blackberry! The X is light-years ahead of the Blackberry!

SquintyOS

Reaction score
BBM is okay.

I'm in college and I use my Droid to do things from doing homework and maintaining a small business/website to making calls internationally. I had the DROID but switched to the Pro after a month to get a smaller keyboard. I love both phones. Honestly, I would have gotten a DROID 2 Global if it weren't for the slide out keyboard. Even though I sacrificed a huge screen for a smaller screen, I still think I'm as productive as ever.

My phone is a huge part of my daily life and it helps me keep up with my productivity. I say go with a Pro if you want something similar to a blackberry in Android form. Otherwise you still have the DROID 2 which is still as epic.

Edit: I'm partially disabled and only able to use one hand but I can still text/type as fast as a person with 2. That's the reason Io went with the Pro.

BigZig

Reaction score
If I where you and in the market for a phone right now I would wait a month or so for 4G phones then you will really be on the cutting edge of technology and you can show all your friends how cool Android is and how fast 4G speeds are. O yea and Gingerbread will be right around the corner. Altho I have never owned a BB I have used some of my friends BB's and in my opinion Android is lightyears ahead of BB. Android can be a little compilcated at first but about a week of tinkering and a little help from the community here and you will be Android for life.

OP
D

dvernik

Reaction score
If I where you and in the market for a phone right now I would wait a month or so for 4G phones then you will really be on the cutting edge of technology and you can show all your friends how cool Android is and how fast 4G speeds are. O yea and Gingerbread will be right around the corner. Altho I have never owned a BB I have used some of my friends BB's and in my opinion Android is lightyears ahead of BB. Android can be a little compilcated at first but about a week of tinkering and a little help from the community here and you will be Android for life.
But see if i wait, there will always be new phones coming out. Its a vicous cycle so i will be waiting forever.

BigZig

Reaction score
Yes it is but I think you will be really upset if you waste $150 and in a month 4G comes out and you could have had the latest and greatest for about the same amount. I think 4G is worth waiting for.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But see if i wait, there will always be new phones coming out. Its a vicous cycle so i will be waiting forever.

Not only that but 4G technology is not just suddenly going to be everywhere. It's going to take Verizon a few years to get it into the coverage it currently has for 3G. Initially 35 cities are suppose to get it, and more then likely the coverage will only be within the city itself.

4G maybe in a year or two, but not within 6 months. There won't be enough coverage.

Gorgeous Geena

Reaction score
till yesterday, I Like to use Blackberry cause it has BB Messenger
but Use Only Blackberry Bold 9700,
NOT Blackberry Bold 9000
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I think your biggest influencer to go with Android over Blackberry is the App Market. Android has tons more popular apps than the Blackberry. Once you get to college, not everyone will have Blackberry, so I don't think the BBM will be as important to you then as it is now.

Gorgeous Geena

Reaction score
I think your biggest influencer to go with Android over Blackberry is the App Market. Android has tons more popular apps than the Blackberry. Once you get to college, not everyone will have Blackberry, so I don't think the BBM will be as important to you then as it is now
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg
Bz.jpg

Noted. thank you for share the info :)