[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2G) (8/19)

rocketlog

Reaction score
if you are on 629 you are probably out of luck .( and should have stopped OTAs long ago :) !! - looks like psouzas method doesn't work on 629... Motorola sucks

a work around has come by for this problem. I tried it out myself and it works quite well.

I used RSDLite for the flash and Pete's Tools for the root and so far, things are going smoothly for my D2G.

el_ote

Reaction score
Also had same issue of the wifi not turning on with 4-16-2010 version.... restored to gummy but hoping to get back on cm9. Will follow thread for updates. Thanks for the hard work on this Rom. Appreciate still having great devs on our phones!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
FYI, just tested this after the new D2G .629 trick and it works great so far!

I made sure to boostrap into CWM and make a backup before trying and then flashed this ROM and couldn't be happier, thanks!

rocketlog

Reaction score
I tried installing this mod. After installing, I tried to boot it up and it keeps prompting that com.phone.android or com.android.phone has stopped working.

Has anyone else encountered this? How do I keep this from happening?

Thanks.

spartan1991

Reaction score
Great work

amazing works!i love it!
but i have to charge my phone at least twice a day
i hope there will be some improvments on battery performance
and sorry for my english

Last edited:

mishamosher

Reaction score
I tried installing this mod. After installing, I tried to boot it up and it keeps prompting that com.phone.android or com.android.phone has stopped working.

Has anyone else encountered this? How do I keep this from happening?

Thanks.

I'd experienced this, it happened only when sim card was in. I've just retired the sim, changed network settings to automatic cdma/gsm and then put in the sin card.

Hope it helps

rocketlog

Reaction score
I'd experienced this, it happened only when sim card was in. I've just retired the sim, changed network settings to automatic cdma/gsm and then put in the sin card.

Hope it helps
Thanks, mate. Will try this out.

mr.inter

Reaction score
Is there a method by which you can boot directly into CWM instead of having to select reboot recovery? For example in MIUI you can press the volume down button once the blue LED appears and you are in recovery.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can flash the CM9 Boot menu which is the same as MIUI's. Its for Droid X though, not sure if it would work...

AOKP

mr.inter

Reaction score
I noticed a bug, when I connect the phone via USB, data gets enabled by itself.

ace0612

Reaction score
Hi, I have never rooted a phone, but I was thinking about installing CM9, can somebody please help me with detailed instructions, or a link to a video showing how to do it.
Thanks in advance.