[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2G) (8/19)

djwill48

Reaction score
Thanks I'll run one today and post the results. Had several reboots associated with that and docking the phone in my car. Just a heads up. In detail what happens when I make the first call in the car is silent. Then when I try to return to music, the music is very choppy. Not sure what it is but that is the symptom. Once I turn off bluetooth and back on it is fine, but that shouldn't need to be done. I will logcat it and send the results. If you have any advice or can think of other ways I can help let me know.

KingLo

Reaction score
I installed this on my regular D2 and everything seemed to work well enough except I have no 3g radio. What file to I need to import to change the d2g radios to d2 radios?

bikedude880

Reaction score
I installed this on my regular D2 and everything seemed to work well enough except I have no 3g radio. What file to I need to import to change the d2g radios to d2 radios?
agreed is there a regular d2 build?

Please do not install this on anything but a Droid2 Global. It is not designed for the Droid2, hence the (minor) issues you've noticed. The D2 has it's own thriving community with at least 2-3 ICS builds. PLEASE, only use this on the device it was intended, otherwise we won't help you unbork a mistake.

americanz

Reaction score
Please do not install this on anything but a Droid2 Global. It is not designed for the Droid2, hence the (minor) issues you've noticed. The D2 has it's own thriving community with at least 2-3 ICS builds. PLEASE, only use this on the device it was intended, otherwise we won't help you unbork a mistake.

i didnt install, i know better. d2 and d2g are very different i actually have both,. i was simply asking about a d2 build. i havent seen anything since early January on a d2 build. and thats with out working data. and that does me no good

bikedude880

Reaction score
i didnt install, i know better. d2 and d2g are very different i actually have both,. i was simply asking about a d2 build. i havent seen anything since early January on a d2 build. and thats with out working data. and that does me no good
I quoted two people last time. Check out rootzwiki forums for the D2 builds, or look up MotoMagic for information.

KingLo

Reaction score
I did install. I also know better. There are no good builds for d2 right now. One is a DX port in which the hardware is wonky on (keyboard crashes, no number usage for hardware keyboard). The other build is jbird's but he doesn't seem too interested in it. (he has other other roms for better phones +plus wife and kids). As this global port has seemed to me the most stable ICS rom I have installed on my D2 I was wondering If there was some file editing I could try to make the 3g radio work.

bikedude880

Reaction score
I did install. I also know better. There are no good builds for d2 right now. One is a DX port in which the hardware is wonky on (keyboard crashes, no number usage for hardware keyboard). The other build is jbird's but he doesn't seem too interested in it. (he has other other roms for better phones +plus wife and kids). As this global port has seemed to me the most stable ICS rom I have installed on my D2 I was wondering If there was some file editing I could try to make the 3g radio work.

PhantomGamers has done a great job keeping the D2 up to date. The biggest issue in maintaining this family of devices is that a) they're older, therefore require more work on our part to get them up to par, and b) we don't have anything to base this entirely new version on (and by new I mean the core of it). Oh, and considering VZW/Moto is going to take a while getting anything ICS out the door, the more time we have to work unhindered, the better.

http://www.sundergaming.com/downloads/cm9d2/
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/11861-dev-threadcm9d2ics-droid-2-cm9-with-gb-kernel

Last edited:
OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

If you can give me a stock GB system dump of D2 I can do a build for it from what is working for d2g. Cant provide much support for it though since I dont have the device, I'll try where I can though.

americanz

Reaction score
If you can give me a stock GB system dump of D2 I can do a build for it from what is working for d2g. Cant provide much support for it though since I dont have the device, I'll try where I can though.

angel you are the greatest. that would be sweet. i will get you a dump. just tell me how lol

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
lol. If you have adb set up on your computer open your explorer and make a directory, open cmd prompt (assuming your on windows.... terminal if your on *nix), move to the directory you want it to pull to and adb pull /system/*

americanz

Reaction score
will work on it tonight im at work with my bionic lol i d2 is at home. i sent you a pm also

gthotie5

Reaction score
Do I need to be running a specific version of Android? Or can I just flash this while on stock froyo?

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums