Contacts stored at Google?

OP
F
Reaction score
I think the target market is for people who aren't paranoid mid lifers who aren't sure how to use a smartphone.

Read what I wrote. It was annoying. It was unexpected and unusual for a phone to store phone numbers onto Google. This has nothing to do with "knowing how to use a smartphonse."

There's no need to be condescending so grow up already. No one want's to hear it.

The point is, Google syncing your contacts with gmail is not unexpected or unusual for a phone. It's been standard from the start of android, it was one of the first selling points to it. even iphone syncs your contacts with itunes. the tmobile sidekick synced contacts with a server, they fully stored theirs there which had bad side effects when that server crashed.

So the real source of the problem was you didn't do your research, don't blame the phone for that.

You're having trouble reading. It is annoying.

Reaction score
Judging from the responses in this thread I'd say the Droid is for the immature crowd. Maybe I'll give the Blackberry a try this weekend. I couldn't get the Droid to connect to my work email anyway. I really hated that sound it made when it said "Droid" in a robotic tone. I'm sure 17 year old kids think it's really "cool," but that just doesn't work for me while in my office or at a meeting.

Thanks for your help kids

ta ta

Immature, at times, able to use logic and solve problems, always. Not connecting to your email sounds like a personal problem, and I'm fairly certain it takes less than 10 seconds to find the menu and change the notification sound. Maybe this phone just isn't for you.

eliassami5

Reaction score
Judging from the responses in this thread I'd say the Droid is for the immature crowd. Maybe I'll give the Blackberry a try this weekend. I couldn't get the Droid to connect to my work email anyway. I really hated that sound it made when it said "Droid" in a robotic tone. I'm sure 17 year old kids think it's really "cool," but that just doesn't work for me while in my office or at a meeting.

ta ta

im sorry that you dont know how to change a ring tone or how to put your phone on vibrate before you enter a meeting. Even 17 year olds know to silence their phones before entering the classroom. Maybe its best that you didnt have a DROID in the first place...or any smart phone for that matter

JCo352

Reaction score

ta ta

lol...really are you serious, you're choosing a phone over the "crowd" it belongs to, maybe you should grow up

lschicky

Reaction score
Read what I wrote. It was annoying. It was unexpected and unusual for a phone to store phone numbers onto Google. This has nothing to do with "knowing how to use a smartphonse."

There's no need to be condescending so grow up already. No one want's to hear it.

The point is, Google syncing your contacts with gmail is not unexpected or unusual for a phone. It's been standard from the start of android, it was one of the first selling points to it. even iphone syncs your contacts with itunes. the tmobile sidekick synced contacts with a server, they fully stored theirs there which had bad side effects when that server crashed.

So the real source of the problem was you didn't do your research, don't blame the phone for that.

How? You said you didn't like that it sync'd your contacts in your phone to your gmail account. You are the one that seems to be having trouble with comprehension of the phone and what is being said in this thread. You seem to be having trouble understanding a phone that really isn't as complicated as you think it is. my 57 year old mother has had no problem understanding this phone and she's brand new to smart phones and computers for more then typing documents.

OP
F
Reaction score

ta ta

Immature, at times, able to use logic and solve problems, always. Not connecting to your email sounds like a personal problem, and I'm fairly certain it takes less than 10 seconds to find the menu and change the notification sound. Maybe this phone just isn't for you.

There you go again with your condescending tone. Grow up kiddie.

Actually, there was some glitch with my phone and you couldn't turn off the notification sound on one account. Yes, that was really stupid.

Zargon

Reaction score
Um, wow. LOL

Sounds like someone got in a little over their head with a newfangled smartphone.

OP
F
Reaction score
Reaction score

If having a phone that adds functionality is annoying to you, then the Blackberry is definitely your best bet.

Elegant simplicity might be what you describe. In a complicated world less is more, a subtlety often overlooked in an excessive compulsive society.

That may be how someone in advertising would sell a less functional phone. Personally, the more it can do, the better. Complexity is my forte.

OP
F
Reaction score
If having a phone that adds functionality is annoying to you, then the Blackberry is definitely your best bet.

Elegant simplicity might be what you describe. In a complicated world less is more, a subtlety often overlooked in an excessive compulsive society.

That may be how someone in advertising would sell a less functional phone. Personally, the more it can do, the better. Complexity is my forte.

You sound like an IT guy without a college degree.

kevin1016

Reaction score

I think the gloves just came off.

OP
F
Reaction score
Since this thread has become nothing short of a fiasco here's a video you kids might find enthralling.

[video=youtube;InhbSdcNBZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InhbSdcNBZw&feature=featured]YouTube - Annoying Orange 7: Passion of the Fruit[/video]

Reaction score

Lmao, that's actually very close to the truth! I'm graduating in May though with a degree in MIS, so your statement is only true for about 2 more months. :icon_ devil: