Confused about versions

glange65

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen...

First off...After flashing 1.3.25...I wanted to cry. This ROM is so incredible, I may never leave it. I did try the 4.2 and 4.15, but they didn't like my OG Droid, but the 3.25 is like skating on glass....smooth.

I'm confused about versions and numbering. I visited a forum called MIUI Developers (was taken there during a search for more themes) and the "latest" version mentioned were 11.26 and 1.3?

Is this a second team working on MIUI based ROMs?
If so, what versions compare to what?
Is anything compatible between them?

Feel free to correct me if I've got this COMPLETELY wrong...thanks

Ladies and Gentlemen...

First off...After flashing 1.3.25...I wanted to cry. This ROM is so incredible, I may never leave it. I did try the 4.2 and 4.15, but they didn't like my OG Droid, but the 3.25 is like skating on glass....smooth.

I'm confused about versions and numbering. I visited a forum called MIUI Developers (was taken there during a search for more themes) and the "latest" version mentioned were 11.26 and 1.3?

Is this a second team working on MIUI based ROMs?
If so, what versions compare to what?
Is anything compatible between them?

Feel free to correct me if I've got this COMPLETELY wrong...thanks

Latest version is 4.15, today they release 4.22 then Magi, Alabama or Jamezelle has to port it to the OG droid. As far as Miui Developers, it is run by Markhuk and he ports for other devices , but not the OG droid. Must have been an old thread because I have been to the site and they correctly list the version dates unless something went screwy while changing their website format which they are in the process of doing.

Many Thanks

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn't notice that it was for different phone models...

Feeling sheepish now

miui is made up by a group of developers in china.
the rom is translated by miui-dev.com people and ported to a bunch of different devices (including the milestone but not the droid)
the devs you see here port the milestone version to the droid (the two phones look pretty much exactly the same but they have some important differences, the most apparent of which is the radio hardware)

the numbering just goes by what month and day it comes out. the devs in china come out with a new release every week, usually on a friday.

Back