completely bricked!!!!!!

heartkore

Reaction score
woke up with it bootlooping to the rom boot screen, not the m boot screen. and it wont hold a charge. rsd lite isnt recognizing it. i cant boot to sprecovery or anything either. :icon_eek: *faints*

billjohnson

Reaction score
Froyo

Did you root it and install the Froyo ROM? I'm just wondering because I'm pissed that I don't have it myself and I'm very close to rooting and installing 2.2 even though I don't have the $ to buy a new one should I brick it.:icon_eek:

Chrisace89

Reaction score
Did you root it and install the Froyo ROM? I'm just wondering because I'm pissed that I don't have it myself and I'm very close to rooting and installing 2.2 even though I don't have the $ to buy a new one should I brick it.:icon_eek:

dont even trip its easy and you have almost no chance of bricking your phone... i have dont it so many times.. yeah the frist time you do it its like a litte scary just because you never done it before, but i remember feeling at the end of it like it wasnt that hard at all...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
woke up with it bootlooping to the rom boot screen, not the m boot screen. and it wont hold a charge. rsd lite isnt recognizing it. i cant boot to sprecovery or anything either. :icon_eek: *faints*

OK, start from SPRecovery, do a data and cache wipe and that will fix it for you. You are not completely bricked, not even close.

Turn the Droid off/battery pull if necessary. Hold X button and power key at the same time to get to SPRecovery.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Your not bricked.. best thing i can tell you to do is plug the phone in to wall charger for a several hours and let the battery charge.. then try it.. to get in recovery if it stuck in bootloop pull battery hold down x put battery back in.. the whallaa you are hopefully in recovery..

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

you have nothing to be scared of we have a great rescue squad and easy walkthrough guides.. you will be fine

kenbarnum

Reaction score

Your not bricked.. best thing i can tell you to do is plug the phone in to wall charger for a several hours and let the battery charge.. then try it.. to get in recovery if it stuck in bootloop pull battery hold down x put battery back in.. the whallaa you are hopefully in recovery..

Hey Justin...How did you brick your phone?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hey Justin...How did you brick your phone?

Well i dont know what i did exactly i wake up phone is off.. so i turned it on did not boot up went to bootloader screen.. i thought humm low battery hopefully so put spare battery off charger in there and rebooted phone went to bootloader again.. once again thought oh no big deal i have recovery i booted into recovery did factory reset.. restarted went to bootloader screen.. thought try backup rom did that straight to bootloader screen..then thought oh guess i will do rsd (not first time for this either) ran rsd said 100% complete and rebooted straight to bootloader screen. (but it did take my recovery off..) i took to verizon store had them try and flash no good there either.. called insurance and 2 days and 90 bucks later brand new droid sent to me...

Last edited:

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Well i dont know what i did exactly i wake up phone is off.. so i turned it on did not boot up went to bootloader screen.. i thought humm low battery hopefully so put spare battery off charger in there and rebooted phone went to bootloader again.. once again thought oh no big deal i have recovery i booted into recovery did factory reset.. restarted went to bootloader screen.. thought try backup rom did that straight to bootloader screen..then thought oh guess i will do rsd (not first time for this either) ran rsd said 100% complete and rebooted straight to bootloader screen. (but it did take my recovery off..) i took to verizon store had them try and flash no good there either.. called insurance and 2 days and 90 bucks later brand new droid sent to me...

Good stuff...While I was reading I thought you were gonna have trouble taking recovery off!

serveitup911

Reaction score
Hmm, sorry you paid for a replacement. You had a ton of options that could have saved you, based on your description.

Next time before you start panicking and wiping or running rsdlite, post in the rescue squad and wait for a response before you try stuff on your own. Also, make a backup when you have a ROM set up so you have something to fall back on. It sounded like you only made a backup after you bootlooped and after you wiped - that would not be a good backup.

Even without a backup, you could have just mounted your sd card to a computer through sprecovery and put a rom on to your sd card in update.zip format to flash your phone that way.

Even if you somehow lost sprecovery, you could have flashed it manually through adb - there are guides that walk through this process step-by-step.

I feel for you, I really do. Bottom line is to stay calm when this happens and just listen to the rescue squad - they are usually fast and helpful. It will help them if you post a clear explanation of what happened and exactly what your screen looks like.

I hope your future experiences are better :)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, sorry you paid for a replacement. You had a ton of options that could have saved you, based on your description.

Next time before you start panicking and wiping or running rsdlite, post in the rescue squad and wait for a response before you try stuff on your own. Also, make a backup when you have a ROM set up so you have something to fall back on. It sounded like you only made a backup after you bootlooped and after you wiped - that would not be a good backup.

Even without a backup, you could have just mounted your sd card to a computer through sprecovery and put a rom on to your sd card in update.zip format to flash your phone that way.

Even if you somehow lost sprecovery, you could have flashed it manually through adb - there are guides that walk through this process step-by-step.

I feel for you, I really do. Bottom line is to stay calm when this happens and just listen to the rescue squad - they are usually fast and helpful. It will help them if you post a clear explanation of what happened and exactly what your screen looks like.

I hope your future experiences are better :)

ummmm no i had several backups of roms tried them all.. recovery was not helping it said fully restored i rebooterd went to bootloader.. did not go into great details but i did try update.zips and all kinds of other things.. i used search feature and tried everything rescue squad said to do..

also fyi I never got excited... i remained calm tried all steps..6 hours of trying stuff.. did not work.. I dont know code but i know enough of adb, and rsd , and other stuff i can usually get myself out of a problem..

Last edited:

billjohnson

Reaction score
No luck

Anyone know of a working 2.2 ROM? Doesn't have to be customized but that would be useful if it included the 1.2GHz overclock. I just tried the PL3x latest release and my phone simply reboots into the Droid logo and gets no further. I want 2.2 really bad because it appears that VZW won't release it any time soon. Keep in mind I'm an IT Pro, just apprehensive about doing anything to wild.

PS I restored from a backup and the phone is functional again.

OP
H

heartkore

Reaction score
ok, i somehow got into sprecovery and installed update.zip, im in but now it wont charge. i have it plugged into the wall and it says "Plug in your charger" and it already IS!!!!!!!!!!!! what do i do?

OP
H

heartkore

Reaction score
ok i fixed it. went into sprecovery again and restored instead of clicking update.zip lol wow good thing i had a backup...finally charges again.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, i somehow got into sprecovery and installed update.zip, im in but now it wont charge. i have it plugged into the wall and it says "Plug in your charger" and it already IS!!!!!!!!!!!! what do i do?

try computer sounds weird i know.

also make sure you dont have a bad cord..