CM-11.0 (Kit Kat) ROM

GigaJake

Reaction score
I honestly didn't think it would happen. Kit Kat for the Droid 4? Dev support for the Moto OMAP devices is just about dead, but that didn't stop Dhacker from being awesome. He linked via his twitter:
Index of /Devs/Dhacker29/omap4

There's a maserati build, as well as the gapps required for flashing. I haven't flashed it, I have no idea what works and what doesn't. I assume you need to be running the latest version of Safestrap for the D4, and I have no idea if it's hard coded to any romslot.

Regardless, if anybody out there is still tinkering with their D4, feel free to flash and let us know how functional CM-11.0 is right now.

EDIT: Upon reviewing Dhacker's twitter some more, it appears that MMS is fixed for CM-11.0 but it does help CM-10.2

bofis

Reaction score
This is exciting, I wonder how it handles retaining a data connection when it drops. This is by far the biggest and really only issue nagging me in CM 10.2. Whenever my phone dips out of LTE, it drops data connection until I toggle Airplane Mode. If anyone has tried installing this (seems it wants to be in Slot 1 or Stock Slot) can you tell me if there are any options for themes or ability to alter how the top status bar displays. I am not a huge fan of the white text and icons compared to the nice blue of ICS and JB and would love to be able to set that in any 4.4 roms. Also setting it to black instead of transparent at the same time would be a welcome option. Of course, I think I'm just talking to myself at this point ;-)

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I'm tempted to try this tonight even though I'm about to warranty my phone out through Asurion :eek:

My LTE radio is shot, my light polling sensor is constantly reading maximum and my keyboard backlight doesn't work anymore. This thing took a dive in some water about six months and came out okay, but, now the wheels seem to be falling off :eek: Tried fastbooting last night and same behavior.

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
So I flashed Dhacker's 11/21/13 build, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed.

Data handles much better than CM-10.2 (I've only tested 4G though), MMS works, and CyanogenMod has removed a lot of features I never used, really slimming down the amount of work I have to do to set up my phone. The graphics get a little spastic when rotating the screen, but otherwise no issues. Haven't had it long enough to comment on the battery though.

The only thing for me is I can't seem to get GPS to work. Kit-Kat has changed the way location is handled, and between Google's settings, my phone's settings, and the rom's settings, I have no idea if it isn't working or what. Trying to do anything on Google Maps just leaves me "waiting for location"

So yeah. For my first Kit-Kat flash it actually went really well. If GPS gets fixed, this will probably become my new daily driver, and I was almost completely sure the final build of CM-10.1.3 was the one for me...

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Looks like Asurion still has DROID 4's in stock so my new to me one will be here tomorrow. Will probably try this out... let me know if you get any ideas about the GPS though, I use this thing for nav all the time.

bofis

Reaction score
So has anyone else tried CM11 on a Droid 4 and lived to tell the tale? If so, how is it?!

0xMattMac

Reaction score
I have the November 25 build installed and it works quite well. The graphics are smooth, smoother than JB in my opinion. Here's what I know works on my device: wi-fi, video & audio playback, 4g, keyboard (and backlight). I haven't tested anything that uses location nor have I tested ART. Overall, besides the occasional random reboot, I have found that it works well enough to be my daily driver.

kwyrt

Reaction score
need more updates from people lol
Stargo's thread on XDA has a lot more activity. I've been running CM11 for about 5 days now and have found it to be very very good. Especially since it is so early. ART run time works well and seems to speed things up. Overall very smooth and snappy. The new launcher takes a little getting used to but I'm really starting to like it. The only issues I have had at all have been: I get a gapps process FC every once in a while. Maybe once or twice a day. Does not seem to affect anything though. GPS is reported to work, and Google Now seems to know where I am because it tells me how long it will take me to get home from work, but I can't get Maps to pick up my location for anything. GPS never worked right for me in Android 4.3 ROMs either though. I would definitely give this a shot if you haven't yet. I'm using for my daily driver and loving it.

raidscsi

Reaction score
Installed the 11-26 dated version, I have a Droid 4, with Safestrap 3.11, installed to a clean slot-1, initial boot took 3-4 minutes, phone/mms/gps/video recording all appear to work.

cm-11-20131126-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip
gapps-kk-20131120-no_set_metadata.zip

What is the "gummy" rom ? Does dhacker have a thread for roms?

kwyrt

Reaction score
Installed the 11-26 dated version, I have a Droid 4, with Safestrap 3.11, installed to a clean slot-1, initial boot took 3-4 minutes, phone/mms/gps/video recording all appear to work. cm-11-20131126-UNOFFICIAL-maserati.zip gapps-kk-20131120-no_set_metadata.zip What is the "gummy" rom ? Does dhacker have a thread for roms?
Stargo has some CM11 newer builds on his server here: Index of /~michael/d4/cm11/ Latest is 12/01 which is what I am running. Gummy!!!! I loved Gummy. It was one of the first ROMs I ran on my D4. It is an AOSP based ROM like CM but with more customization options. Thanks for noticing @dhacker has a build up! I'm going to flash that today.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Been running the 12/05 build all day and i LOVE it. Everything works for me, even GPS on Maps.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Been running the 12/05 build all day and i LOVE it. Everything works for me, even GPS on Maps.

I've been using Stargo's 12/5 build for two days now and I have to say... its damn near perfect. I didn't enable ART, but, everything seems to work. Hardly ever use bluetooth so I'm not sure about that, but, i'd consider this DD material. Simpsons Tapped Out occasionally FC's, but that's it. Zero issues otherwise.

bofis

Reaction score
Has anyone tried or know if either the old gtalk or the old Google Maps apps work under 4.4? Or is that a dream since I'd have to install the new Kit Kat gapps package when installing CM11 anyway? I just really dislike almost every change they've made to Maps and have been holding onto version 6.14.4 so far