Clearing the cache

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If your device is glitching, and just feels sloppy after the ota, try this....

Using the buttons before startup 1. Power the device off.

2. Power the device back on then press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the right side of the device until a Boot Mode Selection Menu appears.

3. Press Volume Down to highlight Recovery, then press Volume Up.

4. From the repair screen, press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time. A menu will appear.

5. Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to clear cache, or you can choose wipe data / factory reset, then press Power to select it.

6. Choose Yes.

7. The Droid RAZR will then start the factory reset process

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Bump

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That post was made the night of the ota, lots of people were having an issue with the ota failing.

After hearing that moto had it fixed, I added that in a post... I deleted it now lol.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That post was made the night of the ota, lots of people were having an issue with the ota failing.

After hearing that moto had it fixed, I added that in a post... I deleted it now lol.

Don't freaking do that to meeeeeeeee LOL :icon_eek:

I don't need any fix anyway, I guess I'm one of the lucky few that have had minimal problems, but I didn't do the OTA either, I did ICS through the "Utility" :p

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah I had one issue, the screen lock was messing up, so I did a fdr, my battery life is less but its not too terrible. .

helron

Reaction score
If your device is glitching, and just feels sloppy after the ota, try this....

Using the buttons before startup 1. Power the device off.

2. Power the device back on then press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the right side of the device until a Boot Mode Selection Menu appears.

3. Press Volume Down to highlight Recovery, then press Volume Up.

4. From the repair screen, press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time. A menu will appear.

5. Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to clear cache, or you can choose wipe data / factory reset, then press Power to select it.

6. Choose Yes.

7. The Droid RAZR will then start the factory reset process

HELP!!!

Followed above to clear cache onl\At recovery option hit Vol Up , and the only thing I see is a dead Android man with a Red Hazard button coming out of his chest. LOL
My phone is frozed. Need help!!!! Thanks......please,please....

EDIT: Phone finally shut itself off after 10 minutes. Guess it saw me typing to u! Anyway, thought I'd post this if someone else saw the belly up Droid:
Power phone down. After completely powered down, hold down the UP and DOWN volume buttons while also pressing the power button. This will eventually bring up a menu. When the menu appears, use the volume down button to scroll to the "recovery" option - press the volume up button to select this option. After you see an Andy Android with an open belly, hold down both the UP and DOWN volume buttons again. Utilizing the same buttons, scroll to the option that says "wipe cache partition" - press the power button to wipe cache. After the process has run, navigate to the "reboot system now" icon, pressing the power button to reboot your device. All done!

Last edited: