Challenge

PARick

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been playing around with different ROMS for the past 6 or 7 months. Sourcery has by far been the longest on my phone, and I have no desire to change. At various times I have downloaded files from a variety of developers. Almost always, the developer states "let me know if you have any questions", only to rarely have those questions answered. These developers are the exception, and not the rule GFLAM and Eagle reply promptly and competently. That is what I call customer service! I have no idea what either do for a living, but whatever it is it seems it has taken a backseat to providing us with a fantastic ROM experience. If you look at the posts, it appears there is not that many of us. I think that will change once the word gets out how great this ROM and its developers truly are. But, I can't imagine donations are that numerous yet. Now to my point (yes there is one!). This morning I donated $10. To me not alot, maybe three trips to Starbucks. I am asking each of us donate a like amount. Maybe you can only afford $5, maybe you can afford $20. I have purchased alot of apps that cost $2. This ROM has easily exceeded the value by at least 5 X. Once 2.0 is out, I will donate the $10 again. Ultimately, it is your decision based on alot of factors on how much you can/will donate. But, I wanted to throw the $10 challenge out. Any takers?:)

segdoh49

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been playing around with different ROMS for the past 6 or 7 months. Sourcery has by far been the longest on my phone, and I have no desire to change. At various times I have downloaded files from a variety of developers. Almost always, the developer states "let me know if you have any questions", only to rarely have those questions answered. These developers are the exception, and not the rule GFLAM and Eagle reply promptly and competently. That is what I call customer service! I have no idea what either do for a living, but whatever it is it seems it has taken a backseat to providing us with a fantastic ROM experience. If you look at the posts, it appears there is not that many of us. I think that will change once the word gets out how great this ROM and its developers truly are. But, I can't imagine donations are that numerous yet. Now to my point (yes there is one!). This morning I donated $10. To me not alot, maybe three trips to Starbucks. I am asking each of us donate a like amount. Maybe you can only afford $5, maybe you can afford $20. I have purchased alot of apps that cost $2. This ROM has easily exceeded the value by at least 5 X. Once 2.0 is out, I will donate the $10 again. Ultimately, it is your decision based on alot of factors on how much you can/will donate. But, I wanted to throw the $10 challenge out. Any takers?:)

+1 for me..........I'm thorwing 10 out as soon as I finish this post. I also challanged everyone to throw whatever they could afford, even if it was just a buck. I agree 100% that this is the best ROM out there. Most people get stuck on using just one Rom (I was one of them) until I tried Sourcery. And should they try it out. I also beleive that they would be hooked.......It has been on my Droid 1 since the end of December and I have never looked back. But if you're a person that likes to change Roms every other day just to fool around with your phone, this Rom is not for you. But you still can change Themes every hour if you like from within Sourcery. So, off to donate my 10 and another 10 after 2.0..........
GET THE WORD OUT.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score

+1 for me..........I'm thorwing 10 out as soon as I finish this post. I also challanged everyone to throw whatever they could afford, even if it was just a buck. I agree 100% that this is the best ROM out there. Most people get stuck on using just one Rom (I was one of them) until I tried Sourcery. And should they try it out. I also beleive that they would be hooked.......It has been on my Droid 1 since the end of December and I have never looked back. But if you're a person that likes to change Roms every other day just to fool around with your phone, this Rom is not for you. But you still can change Themes every hour if you like from within Sourcery. So, off to donate my 10 and another 10 after 2.0..........
GET THE WORD OUT.

Hey Tom....could have called that you would step up!dancedroid

nornevrder

Reaction score
I accepted the first challenge and will gladly accept this one when 2.0 is released. These devs are stand up dudes and I appreciate the hard work gentlemen. Cmon ppl step up and through down some change.

Sent From The Final Frontier

snowbunny

Reaction score
I took the challenge as well these guys really work hard and have really produced something great. I hope others do the same and send some thing even if it's only a few bucks they work really hard for us and answer every one of our dumb questions :)

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Though I am challenged in general.
And when challenged usually run away in fear, arms flailing and screaming like a banned.
I too will accept the challenge.
Everyone has it right, the devs on this are beyond helpful and put up with everything and then some.
Plus, it just seems like this section has a completely different mood than the others, just a bit more laid back.
I also like that the actual dudes behind this are the ones helping instead of using a proxy which seems the case in so many other sections.
It's like, who is this flunky telling us what the just found out?
Reminds me of Captain Hook's first mate, Smee.
Flam bam thank you ma'am, where can I find the link to donate some dough ray mi?

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Though I am challenged in general.
And when challenged usually run away in fear, arms flailing and screaming like a banned.
I too will accept the challenge.
Everyone has it right, the devs on this are beyond helpful and put up with everything and then some.
Plus, it just seems like this section has a completely different mood than the others, just a bit more laid back.
I also like that the actual dudes behind this are the ones helping instead of using a proxy which seems the case in so many other sections.
It's like, who is this flunky telling us what the just found out?
Reminds me of Captain Hook's first mate, Smee.
Flam bam thank you ma'am, where can I find the link to donate some dough ray mi?

There is a link at their Sourcery site, or GFLAM's sig.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Thanks three strokes under PARick, the help is appreciated as was throwing down the gauntlet.
Now to hit the streets of detroit and earn the dough to doughnate, gonna be tough at fitty cents a pop.
grabbing my wig now

darkmatter

Reaction score
twenty bucks. great work. you guys have basically given me a new phone.