[ROM] [CDMA][ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Fully Open Source](03/15/12)

Shaneathan

Reaction score
One more question - I'm missing the News widget. It was in 1.3.0, but I can't find it here. Where'd it go?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Looking at the ROM zip it looks like it is not in there. You might have to look to the market to find something similar.

duyna

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with freezing or not getting out of deep sleep?

redemption rom 1.0.5 defiant kernel v2

thesoldier

Reaction score

This happened to me as soon as I turned my screen off after selecting the hotplug governor. I've heard it turns one core off during sleep, but once my screen turned off it required a battery pull. Did you happen to do that by any chance?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

duyna

Reaction score
This happened to me as soon as I turned my screen off after selecting the hotplug governor. I've heard it turns one core off during sleep, but once my screen turned off it required a battery pull. Did you happen to do that by any chance?

Exactly yes

thesoldier

Reaction score
Guess it wasnt just me, seems the hotplug governor is broken then.

georgepink

Reaction score
Posted this on another forum, but this one looks to be more alive, so please don't flame me for cross posting :blink:

if the pic comes out, on this ver of the rom my contacts' pics have a blue bar going through them. the pics are ok, i can open them fine, but if I create any shortcut with the contact widget, I get this blue bar through my pics. Has anyone seen this yet, or am I the first. Never saw this on previous versions of this rom or any other rom, so im kinda curious.

My flash dance is this, wipe data, go back wipe cache and dalvik, load rom, load gapps, reboot let it settle. added these, then added cobalt.

anyway, any assistance would be mucho appreciated.

hopefully, here's the pic:

View attachment 47650

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I've honestly never seen anything like that. Did it only happen after the theme?

CletusVanDam

Reaction score

Yep, I was just coming on here to post this.

This has only happened to me on 1.4.0. Had to pull the battery 4 times yesterday. It only happens when I press the screen lock button and I am just about to enter my screen lock gesture.

I tried fix permissions, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache, completely wiped and reinstalled ROM, nothing seems to correct it. I also only have about 4 downloaded apps on my phone (because I'm a chronic ROM tester).

BTW, I'm using the stock Codename Kernel: 3.0.20-Codename-v1.4.3+szr@alexb5 #8

Last edited:

georgepink

Reaction score
no it happened before the theme and I was hoping that the theme would change it in some way just for troubleshooting purposes, but it didn't. I guess I'll reflash tonight or tomorrow am and see what happens.

I've honestly never seen anything like that. Did it only happen after the theme?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah that would be my recommendation. Like I said I have not seen it posted before so it may be a fluke. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk

thesoldier

Reaction score
Yep, I was just coming on here to post this.

This has only happened to me on 1.4.0. Had to pull the battery 4 times yesterday. It only happens when I press the screen lock button and I am just about to enter my screen lock gesture.

I tried fix permissions, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache, completely wiped and reinstalled ROM, nothing seems to correct it. I also only have about 4 downloaded apps on my phone (because I'm a chronic ROM tester).

BTW, I'm using the stock Codename Kernel: 3.0.20-Codename-v1.4.3+szr@alexb5 #8

As stated above, are you using the hotplug governor?

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
No, it's set to ondemand.

Update FIXED: I had never messed with the CPU performance settings previously. I left everything how it was when I installed the ROM. If you simply click "Set at Boot" with Ondemand governor, the sleep of death lock-up seems to go away.

Last edited:

thesoldier

Reaction score
Never happened to me on that setting before. Try flashing the 1.4.4 kernel maybe? I'm on it and have no problems besides hotplug.