[ROM] [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] Gummy 0.9.0 - 03/24/12 - The Remodel!

nleksan

Reaction score
Question (NOOB-ish): I finally rooted my phone (and installed GummyNex 0.9.0) on April 2nd, and now I am really wanting to get the newest version (1.0.0 or 1.0.1?)! I am really looking forward to the ICS 4.0.4 over 4.0.3, and the "change log" looks very nice!
I just really don't want to have to back up and restore EVERYTHING again just by updating my ROM.. Is there a way to do so (update) without having to wipe/restore everything? Or is it just one of the "hazards of the trade"?

Thank you very much in advance, I appreciate any and all help!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You should be able to just wipe cache, dalvik cache, and then flash the new build. I would make a nandroid before you do so just in case. Also, you need to reflash GAPPs when you do this. If you are having issues you should then install with a full wipe.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use the Root File Explorer to go to /system/apps and delete the Rom Toolbox .apk

AOKP

Whitechapel

Reaction score
Gracias senor! Much love, brother!

Wait... I deleted the .apk you specified but it's still showing the non-full version as being installed. I rebooted after deleting. Could not remove through the Apps selection under Settings.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It's still there? Maybe see if any updates installed and remove those.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem. I am glad it did :biggrin:

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Just to put in a good word for Gummy 1. It's amazing! It looks like Google did fix the kernel issue with 4.04 and Gummynex made good use of it. I just flashed Gummynex 1.01, it gave me 9hrs of battery life, no special frills or care or anything, just normal use. 3hrs of screen on time (died right when I went to take that screenshot.) So far, it looks like stock kernel so no OCing or undervolting so I can only imagine what it's going to be like with that! :biggrin:

All that to say, I hope it's going to be officially released here soon! :D

nleksan

Reaction score
Ok, I am pretty sure I will be flashing the newest version tomorrow... I just need to get a better feel for what I am doing! I typically back up my entire phone to my PC, but I am still afraid of losing all my settings and whatnot after finally getting it running just right on 0.9.0!!! haha, oh man... Linux is just not my language!

Props, though, to the devs!!!!!! You guys f'ing ROCK! Seriously, this ROM has fixed ~80% of the frustrations I have had with my phone, so I can only imagine what the 1.0.0/1.0.1 will be like!! THANK YOU!

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Where is this rom officially supported? Like what website or forum. I love this ROM but wish it had a little more traction in the general discussion area.

thebird36

Reaction score
cjriddle22 said:
Where is this rom officially supported? Like what website or forum. I love this ROM but wish it had a little more traction in the general discussion area.

Rootzwiki.com

Scottay5150

Reaction score
[h=2]the latest[/h]
version of this rom is based on the .404 leak, correct? What's the GAPPS dl that I need to go with the latest build??
I'm having issues...
thanks
scott​