[ROM] [CDMA][ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Fully Open Source](03/15/12)

So I just flashed this ROM and and went to load the gapps. When I tried to boot into recovery (power and down buttons) it takes me to a IDON mode or something like that. I don't remember the name exactly. But I can't do anything at the point except reboot my phone. Any help with getting into recovery?

Yeah that's Odin mode

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I flashed this rom everything worked but I had big lag so I wipped and flashed again. Also the Camera didnt work well at all I had also purchased the zoom camera and it wouldnt work at all. It looks like Codename has got his stuff together wonder why I am having problems with it? Anyone else have thee problems?

I flashed this rom everything worked but I had big lag so I wipped and flashed again. Also the Camera didnt work well at all I had also purchased the zoom camera and it wouldnt work at all. It looks like Codename has got his stuff together wonder why I am having problems with it? Anyone else have thee problems?

I only used the camera once and it seemed fine but one pic is not really a good comparison. And as far as lag I would say no I did not. How did the reinstall work out? Did you see improvements as fr as speed?

I only used the camera once and it seemed fine but one pic is not really a good comparison. And as far as lag I would say no I did not. How did the reinstall work out? Did you see improvements as fr as speed?

No there was no improvement on the second flash. I tried several pics took forever to flash and the zoom camera would not work at all. So I deleted the zoom camera figured they might not be playing nice together still the same. The lag was like on this forum the little blue signal line when you hit go took forever to finally kick in and openened not just this one all the same. I wonder ij I got a bad download when I reflashed I used same download off my sd card I thought if it were bad I would have got more than a little lag lol

Everyone's phone does react differently that much is certain. You could always try another kernel and see how that works out for you. I don't have any recommendation as to which one though, I never try them lol.

Everyone's phone does react differently that much is certain. You could always try another kernel and see how that works out for you. I don't have any recommendation as to which one though, I never try them lol.
Yeah thats for sure not one the same. Ive been dying to try one of Francos kernels. But herd the good ones use a lot battery and if its one thing these phones dont need is more battery use. One thing I did notice though battery life on Codename did seem a bit better maybe cause it was so slow lol.

Had to do a battery pull last night, I clicked the back button and it completely froze, requiring a battery pull. First time it happened, not sure why.

Sounds like there may be some problems but so far its only you and I having problems so it could just be something in our systems.

Flashing a different kernel (I'm using imo's lean kernel) breaks the built in scaling and governor selection. Is this normal? Using OS Monitor right now to set speeds and governor, but I would love to use CND settings. I haven't even tested the custom under volt settings.

I just tried to install 1.4.0. Here are the problems I'm having right from the get go.

-There's no Market app, so I can't install anything including Titanium Backup or ROM Manager to flash the Gapps package.
-The Home button doesn't work. The only response that I have is the animation.
-I can't reboot into recovery to flash back to 1.3.0, which I was running before.

Please help!

I just tried to install 1.4.0. Here are the problems I'm having right from the get go.

-There's no Market app, so I can't install anything including Titanium Backup or ROM Manager to flash the Gapps package.
-The Home button doesn't work. The only response that I have is the animation.
-I can't reboot into recovery to flash back to 1.3.0, which I was running before.

Please help!

You need to flash GAPPS with the newest build (1.4.0). All of those things are related to not flashing it except for recovery. And do you mean recovery is broken? I know you have to add the option to the reboot menu but you should be able to do it from the phone being powered off as well.

You need to flash GAPPS with the newest build (1.4.0). All of those things are related to not flashing it except for recovery. And do you mean recovery is broken? I know you have to add the option to the reboot menu but you should be able to do it from the phone being powered off as well.

I was planning on flashing Gapps but I honestly don't know how without using ROM Manager, which I can't download because there's no Market.

I tried booting into recovery by powering down and then holding the volume up/down buttons when booting, but that brought me to the default bootloader page, not the CWM.

Once you're on that screen use the volume rocker to scroll to where it says "recovery" in the box at the top of the screen. Then use the power button to select it and that should boot you into recovery.

Ah I didn't realize I could do that. Flashed Gapps through there and now all that stuff is working. Thank you very much for your help!

No problem at all. And somewhere in the settings (I believe there is a power menu section) there is an option to add reboot recovery to the power menu.

Back