Cases that actually fit the extended battery?

gregorydhubert

Reaction score
Diztronic TPU case

I actually believe this is the best soft case invented. I bought the translucent smoke case from amazon for $9.90 with an edge to edge screen protector+ free shipping. I found out that my idiot dad (i found mean but isn't) bought a case for $20 and a 3-pack of screen protectors (that suck) for $15. So, he saw mine and immediately loved it. Of course, he decided to buy one without consulting me first (told him never to do) and bought the matte black one. He was quite disappointed. Depending on what color you like, i would suggest choosing wisely, if you choose this case. And yes it does support the extended battery. The translucent smoke also blends in with the stock color of the phone. Good Luck.
-g

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a few cases now. I seem to be collecting. I tried the Diztronic and didn't like it. Gave it to my dad. I have the Verizon Silicon Case which is great but on the bulky side. I've tried the cheap s--cases and they don't fit the extended perfectly - almost.

I just today got the Cruzerlite in black - it fits perfectly with the extended and looks nice.

Ultimately I want a Bumper case but until then I may use the Cruzerlite since it seems to be made to fit the extended.

capt. dan

Reaction score
The stock battery cover over the extended battery is a tight fit. I would not do it without putting it in a case. I would be concerned that slight bumps would knock it loose but works great in the case.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
The stock battery cover over the extended battery is a tight fit. I would not do it without putting it in a case. I would be concerned that slight bumps would knock it loose but works great in the case.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

As he said I have used three different cases with extended battery with stock cover. I'm now rocking white gnex case I got for 3 bucks

6243dde0-c09c-58f9.jpg

Tapped from my fingers on my Nexus

Last edited:

paperhurts

Reaction score
hmm

It's definitely very smooth. Does not attract lint. Sometimes I almost wish it had just a tad more grip to it. It can be a little slippery feeling.

Mine scratches, attracts cat/dog hair, dust, and other detritus to it. I gave up and got the 2P version from the vzw store - while the silicone glove attracts even more schmutz, at least I can hold onto the phone. Tight fit, but it does fit.

billyk

Reaction score
Based on excellent reviews at this forum and others, plus stellar Amazon reviews, I got the Diztronic. I think it's awesome. The one I got is black with a matte back and I much prefer the GNex *with* this case on than without. It is far more secure in my hands. Thanks a lot to everyone who recommended it! It fits the extended battery perfectly, btw.

Haven't tried the screen protector yet, as I am giving the Boxwave a few weeks of a trial run. The Boxwave seems to be sticking down on the edges a little better as time goes on.

For anyone that wants a super-slim case, beautifully-made, that accommodates the extended battery, look no further. Diztronic. Done.