Can't find 89x out of Detroit

prodigaldick

Reaction score
I have searched a ton of threads on here and downloaded what seems like every streaming app. I cannot find an app that plays 89x out of Detroit. Have I overlooked an app that someone has and is listening to this station?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Might help to list what apps you have tried.

OP
prodigaldick

prodigaldick

Reaction score
I'm not real sure what Froyo is. I followed the link and it told me I needed Version 2.2 to get the Flash player required. My phone says I have the latest update. V 2.1.
I have tried Cherry Rplayer,i heart radio, Xiia, Flycast, and Stream furious.

phylum sinter

Reaction score
Detroit Represent!

prodigaldick - Froyo is nickname for the latest official Android OS update to 2.2. It is currently still in beta and unreleased except for those with the Google phone and that went to Google's last conference (or have chosen to Root their handset).

If you do decide to root your phone, be sure to read up on how to do it, there's plenty of how-to's both here and on youtube too. The latest Froyo roms are up to beta version FRF75 -- at least internally. Also be aware that these beta's are pre-release and may be buggy.

Google Phone owners will get the official 2.2/Froyo update automatically first, but Verizon/droid owners are suspected to be among the first in line afterwards.

Unfortunately i haven't found any way to stream 89x here. I'll just wait til my droid is flash capable when 2.2 releases.

r3dpnt

Reaction score
Woah, talk about a blast from the past! I grew up listening to 89x in high school (class of 91). I don't live in Michigan anymore and didn't know the station still existed.

/old fart

Fault

Reaction score
Also if you have flash, you can just go to 89x's website

Fault

Reaction score
Also wunder radio works great for this btw