Cannot use phone with root and 2.3.4

amavit

Reaction score
Greetings all first official forum post. So I have a rooted phone using the revolutionary method and have frozen bloatware with titanium backup. My problem is that I had originally downloaded the separate radio file from the 2.3.4 update and installed it, but I forgot to delete the file so everytime I boot into hboot it tries to install the radio file again. Then when my phone reboots it has already downloaded the new update over night and it boots for a few seconds and loads then it shuts down to install the update, which fails because of the frozen bloatware. I think if I can somehow get the radio file I downloaded deleted I can get the phone to work, but I'm not sure how to do it since my phone won't stay booted for more than a minute at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated since my mom also has a I2 and I want to be prepared for if her phone does it too.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Stupid question (I only ask because you didn't specify either way) is the radio update on a SD card? If so couldn't you just remove the memory card and delete the file using your computer?
Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

OP
A

amavit

Reaction score
lol thank you for the reply I actually just realized that before I checked your post. Removed the SD card and was able to factory reset the phone so I can block the update. Thank you for helping me out :)

lazarus2297

Reaction score
lol thank you for the reply I actually just realized that before I checked your post. Removed the SD card and was able to factory reset the phone so I can block the update. Thank you for helping me out

no prob :)

alil2cul4u

Reaction score
All I did was change the build.prop to say 2.3.4.... I am attaching the build.prop that is already changed (you will have to rename from build.txt to build.prop) along with the adb commands to put it in the system folder! Also, make sure you move the build.prop into the same folder as your adb.exe! You also must have busybox installed... I used the busybox installer from the market.... I forgot to add, you must have usb debugging on Settings>Application>Development> USB Debugging...

Code:
To use this start cmd.exe in run then cd to the folder where you have adb.exe and type:
adb push ./build.prop /sdcard/ 
adb shell
su
cp /sdcard/build.prop /system/

Attachments

• build.txt
    7 KB · Views: 691

ABQNM

Reaction score
All I did was change the build.prop to say 2.3.4.... I am attaching the build.prop that is already changed (you will have to rename from build.txt to build.prop) along with the adb commands to put it in the system folder! Also, make sure you move the build.prop into the same folder as your adb.exe! You also must have busybox installed... I used the busybox installer from the market.... I forgot to add, you must have usb debugging on Settings>Application>Development> USB Debugging...

Code:
To use this start cmd.exe in run then cd to the folder where you have adb.exe and type:
adb push ./build.prop /sdcard/ 
adb shell
su
cp /sdcard/build.prop /system/

What is this modified build.prop meant to accomplish? Appreciate the work, but not sure what this has to do with this thread. Also the OP got this resolved a week ago... Wrong thread maybe?

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

alil2cul4u

Reaction score
Oh sorry, this is the wrong thread... I had 2 tabs open of droidforums and the other was how to keep root and not get 2.3.4 update....

ABQNM

Reaction score
Oh sorry, this is the wrong thread... I had 2 tabs open of droidforums and the other was how to keep root and not get 2.3.4 update....

No problem it happens lol. I figured it was for something else.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.