Gaining root having s-off already 2.3.4

FrozenHeart

Reaction score
I rooted my phone back before OTA 2.3.4 came out. I was running 2.2 stock.
I decided to flash to CM7 (version 7.1), so I did. I used ROM Manager. I kept CM7 for a couple or 3 months and I kept the SU updated along with the bianary updated also.
When OTA 2.3.4 came out I eventually decided to switch to 2.3.4 thinking by the time a stable ICS ROM for the HTC inc came out if it even did, the HTC inc would be way out dated to have any new roms work on it. So still running CM 7 I found a 2.3.4 OTA download and manually switched to it. I didn't use ROM MANAGER to do any of the flashing and I didn't wipe anything which was probably a mistake. 2.3.4 OTA is running, but really glitchy at times. Probably due to not wiping before I flashed over to it. My radio is 2.15.10.7.7
I still have S-off, I have never lost it no matter what I have flashed. I have lost custom recovery because when I boot into HBOOT and select recovery a image of a phone with red triangle and exclamation point show up. So I can't even do anything unless I should wait longer to see if it goes past the triangle thing. I do have a backup from before I install the OTA on my SD card.
I found a way people have been gaining root back, but I'm not sure if I need the adb thing or not. If I do all links I find for it are not working. Can anyone help?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
F

FrozenHeart

Reaction score
I found download link for mini adb. I was able to root phone by down grading to 2.2. I think it will work without downgrading. I might give it a try soon. I had to flash super user to become correctly rooted.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited: