Can Verizon over charge on the PDA/Smartphone allowance?

etavadia

Reaction score
I switched from a BB to DX and to a HTC about 2 months ago in our family plan. Verizon is charging me 44.95 for the PDA plan and only 29.95 for the HTC. I though that all Droid phones were charged $29.95. My wife and I both use our phones with Exchange back to our respective work places. I've called them repeatedly and they refuse to change my plan on my DX to the 29.95.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks,
Eric

octoberdana

Reaction score
If you are using the phone to access corporate email/ exchange servers than it is $44.95 per month.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
OP, go to this thread VZW Rep General Account Questions Only and post a thread there, or PM one of the MODERATORS here and ask them to move this thread to that forum. You can usually get a quick concise "corporate" answer there...

Not saying the answer provided from Octoberdana is not correct...I personally dont know...:)

Technoman

Reaction score
If it is your personal phone, and not part of a corporate plan, then it should be the $29.95 for the Email/Data plan. If part of a corporate plan, then it goes to the higher rate.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If you are using the phone to access corporate email/ exchange servers than it is $44.95 per month.

Not true....You do not need the 444.95 plan to use exchange.

VZ4G3NT

Reaction score
I switched from a BB to DX and to a HTC about 2 months ago in our family plan. Verizon is charging me 44.95 for the PDA plan and only 29.95 for the HTC. I though that all Droid phones were charged $29.95. My wife and I both use our phones with Exchange back to our respective work places. I've called them repeatedly and they refuse to change my plan on my DX to the 29.95.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks,
Eric

Do it yourself through My Verizon. Don't be surprised though if your outlook doesn't sync well.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do it yourself through My Verizon. Don't be surprised though if your outlook doesn't sync well.
... The 'pda' ($49) plan is only necessary for BlackBerries it is NOT needed for non-RIM smartphones to connect to exchange. I have two exchange accounts that sync to my Droid perfectly (though the stock mail client SUCKS for exchange). For those that really need GOOD exchange features (calendar, contacts to-do lists) try TouchDown.

OP
E

etavadia

Reaction score
... The 'pda' ($49) plan is only necessary for BlackBerries it is NOT needed for non-RIM smartphones to connect to exchange. I have two exchange accounts that sync to my Droid perfectly (though the stock mail client SUCKS for exchange). For those that really need GOOD exchange features (calendar, contacts to-do lists) try TouchDown.

That's what I thought as well. I have two droids and one they allowed on the $29 plan the other they won't change. They can be really frustrating sometimes. Thanks for everyone's help and clarification on this!