about verizons data charges

zadam123

Reaction score
regarding the new data plans for verizon charging for mb's. I called them to see if i should renew now since im due in aug. and they told me as far as the data plans i will be grandfatherd in and stay at 30 for unlinited data as long as i have my smartphone , even if i buy a phone way after the new plan takes effect in july (wihich they wouldnt confirm or deny).they said the plan is only for new people buying a smart phone and people who already have one will never have to pay data charges other than the 30 unlimited unless they get rid of it and try to get it again

Is this true?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
generally you can keep your old plan until you try to change your contract (say, if you were to switch from a 3g to a 4g phone). But you will always be paying full retail for a device and lets face it, eventually all phones will be 4G which basically forces it...

jseah

Reaction score
generally you can keep your old plan until you try to change your contract (say, if you were to switch from a 3g to a 4g phone). But you will always be paying full retail for a device and lets face it, eventually all phones will be 4G which basically forces it...

Switching from a 3G to 4G smartphone doesn't trigger a plan change, it is the exact same data plan. Switching from a Blackberry to a non-Blackberry, however, is a data plan switch since the Blackberry data plan requires this BIS/BES provisioning.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
regarding the new data plans for verizon charging for mb's. I called them to see if i should renew now since im due in aug. and they told me as far as the data plans i will be grandfatherd in and stay at 30 for unlinited data as long as i have my smartphone , even if i buy a phone way after the new plan takes effect in july (wihich they wouldnt confirm or deny).they said the plan is only for new people buying a smart phone and people who already have one will never have to pay data charges other than the 30 unlimited unless they get rid of it and try to get it again

Is this true?
Correct...

OP
Z

zadam123

Reaction score
ok i spoke to another rep and she told me the first one was wrong. I will only be grandfathered in as long as there will be a unlimited data plan and since there dont seem to be one i will have to pay. but who knows every rep will tell you something diffrent cause nobody at verizon know anything for sure untill it happens