Verizon Plan Help

Wer_C

Reaction score
So for my birthday, I wanted to get the HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon. This would be my first smartphone, therefore I currently do not have a data plan. Unfortunately for me, I can't upgrade my phone until July 9th, two days after Verizon plans to end its unlimited data.

So my question is, can I upgrade to unlimited data say, tomorrow, but not use the data until I get my smartphone on July 9th?

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Nope unlimited data on a regular phone isn't the same data as a smart phone, when you change to a smart phone they will add the obligatory smart phone data package. So you can only get that data package once you get your smart phone, just call and ask for an early up grade. or borrow some ones old android for a couple days

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
So for my birthday, I wanted to get the HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon. This would be my first smartphone, therefore I currently do not have a data plan. Unfortunately for me, I can't upgrade my phone until July 9th, two days after Verizon plans to end its unlimited data.

So my question is, can I upgrade to unlimited data say, tomorrow, but not use the data until I get my smartphone on July 9th?

You need to have a smartphone activated on that line in order to add the unlimited smartphone data plan. Could try contacting customer service and see if they are willing to move your upgrade date three days so you can upgrade on the 6th.

OP
W

Wer_C

Reaction score
Well that's annoying. I've been on customer service the past few days and it seems that they refuse to help. Guess I could try asking one more time though. Thanks for your help guys.

jseah

Reaction score
Well that's annoying. I've been on customer service the past few days and it seems that they refuse to help. Guess I could try asking one more time though. Thanks for your help guys.

Try emailing customer support through the Verizon website. The two times I have tried it, they have said yes when the phone customer service said no. It could also be that they know the unlimited is going away so they may be more reluctant to "give away the farm".

VZW_CS

Reaction score
PM me on Verizon Wireless Support forums and I can see what I can do to get you an early upgrade. My user name is SammuelP.