Can I vent for a min...this is what frustrates me about vzw

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi pc747,
Good afternoon to you. My name is Robert and I thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding Verizon Wireless locking bootloader on our mobile devices. Your concerns are always our concerns too and we would certainly regret losing you as our customer. As always our valued customer's feedback is greatly appreciated. As your advocate, it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

pc747, the mobile devices we offer our customers are built to be fully compliant to Verizon Wireless' requirements, including a secure (locked) bootloader. Verizon Wireless does not sell a developer version.

Verizon Wireless has established a standard of excellence in customer experience with our branded devices and customer service. There is an expectation that if a customer has a question, they can call Verizon Wireless for answers that help them maximize their enjoyment and use of their wireless phone.

Depending on the device, an open boot loader could prevent Verizon Wireless from providing the same level of customer experience and support because it would allow users to change the phone or otherwise modify the software and, potentially, negatively affect how the phone connects with the network.

The addition of unapproved software could also negatively affect the wireless experience for other customers. It is always a delicate balance for any company to manage the technology choices we make for our branded devices and the requests of a few who may want a different device experience.

We always review our technology choices to ensure that we provide the best solution for as many customers as possible."

I trust that this information has been helpful to you.

I thank you for allowing me an opportunity to address your concerns regarding Verizon Wireless locking the bootloader on our mobile devices. We continue to appreciate your business and I thank you for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer.

Sincerely,

Robert

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.

Man I know verizon has the best coverage but I really can not take their stance on controlling user experiences. And what angers me more is the fact they wrap it in a bow that they are protecting other users. Now at&t, sprint, and tmobile have an inferior network and infrastructure than vzw and yet people with jail broken, unlocked, and rooted devices are not effecting other people's experiences. Yeah I understand if I root my phone I have no right to call customer service for help with my device. It is fair game. But for people who pay full price and own their device they should have the freedom of choice that seems limited on verizon. Man I wish like motorola they change the people up top. Though I doubt that will happen because unlike motorola droves of people are not running to another carrier.

I guess it comes down to what I want more to remain in vzw or have the freedom of choice because the line has been drawn in the sand.

Ok vent over thanks for listening.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon has taken the holier than thou approach. They know they have the network to back up their very non customer oriented approach. Verizon will always be like this until they start losing customers to cheaper alternatives or the other networks build up their infrastructure to match Verizon's.

Unlocked GSM for me once my contract is up next year. Only reason I'm still with them is because I could not afford the ETF. I encourage everyone to explore other options. You can only do so much if Verizon's network is your only viable option, but breaking away from the ogre seems to be the only way to make things change.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And with Sprint ramping up their LTE rollout and turning things around in a very aggressive way
They may be the one to look to when it's time to switch.
Unlimited everything, customer service, and a fairly decent selection of phones.
And far as I know, they don't have the same attitude towards bootloaders like VZW does.

vatothe0

Reaction score
And with Sprint ramping up their LTE rollout and turning things around in a very aggressive way
They may be the one to look to when it's time to switch.
Unlimited everything, customer service, and a fairly decent selection of phones.
And far as I know, they don't have the same attitude towards bootloaders like VZW does.

I'll believe it when I see it. This is at least the third time they have tried to reboot their image.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey third time could be the charm. Besides their backs are against the wall and they have to either sink or swim. With that said i am not ready to gamble on sprint yet.

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey third time could be the charm. Besides their backs are against the wall and they have to either sink or swim. With that said i am not ready to gamble on sprint yet.

Guess in 6 months we can see whether or not they are serious about fixing their image and their network.
Anything to give VZW that look over your shoulder feeling. They can't stay on top forever.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'll just keep my Galaxy Nexus until another nexus phone comes to Verizon, which in my opinion could be years unfortunately.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll just keep my Galaxy Nexus until another nexus phone comes to Verizon, which in my opinion could be years unfortunately.

If vzw even get another Nexus, because it seems like they regret having the one they have now. Only reason was to shut us up because we were making too much noise about bootloaders at a time when they were building their lte network. So they was like "here is your stupid Nexus now shut up about unlocked phones". So they give us a nexus with no Google wallet and slow to support it. Then when we ask them to either support it or open the gate so Google can they treat us like we are being ungrateful. I would not be surprised if they look at the nexus and say "see told you an unlocked device is making it hard for us to support it, Yeah sprint and other carriers are able to but we can't, for now on we go locked down, loaded with apps, and hiding apps to protect our customers and network."
:rolleyes:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Verizon has taken the holier than thou approach. They know they have the network to back up their very non customer oriented approach. Verizon will always be like this until they start losing customers to cheaper alternatives or the other networks build up their infrastructure to match Verizon's.

Unlocked GSM for me once my contract is up next year. Only reason I'm still with them is because I could not afford the ETF. I encourage everyone to explore other options. You can only do so much if Verizon's network is your only viable option, but breaking away from the ogre seems to be the only way to make things change.

But but.. it's so much fun giving vzw $98 per month for minimal data use and texting only!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've already look elsewhere, and no other carrier has the same coverage in my area. VZW is the only carrier that has service at my workplace.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
My problem with this statement: "Verizon Wireless has established a standard of excellence in customer experience with our branded devices and customer service. There is an expectation that if a customer has a question, they can call Verizon Wireless for answers that help them maximize their enjoyment and use of their wireless phone.

Depending on the device, an open boot loader could prevent Verizon Wireless from providing the same level of customer experience and support because it would allow users to change the phone or otherwise modify the software and, potentially, negatively affect how the phone connects with the network." is that the very type of customer that would even know WHAT to do with an open bootloader would be the LAST type of customer to call Verizon for "questions". And I've never heard of a ROM actually negatively impacting the connection to the network. Utter BS, IMHO.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've already look elsewhere, and no other carrier has the same coverage in my area. VZW is the only carrier that has service at my workplace.

Sadly that is the elephant in the room, network coverage. Because vzw has the money (cuz how much they charge) they have the capital to build and buy out companies like alltel. Ma bell's evil son is taking over and only thing standing in its way is them.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here is the other part of that statement that is bull. Unlocking your device can effect them being able to help. Ok on this forum alone we have had people stock out of the box getting help from us because they could not get it from verizon , plus we talking about the same people telling razor customers to remove their batteries. Utter hog wash.:angry: